Apples to the left of me, strawberries to the right of me!
While shopping at our local grocery store, I eyed a display of strawberries. Strawberries! Big red delicious, succulent strawberries, piled high into the sky! True enough! Even though strawberry season officially begins in June and runs through mid-August, new farming methods extend its season from now (right now) till mid-December!
So … I grabbed a few crates and then some apples, too. A few other ingredients, and I was good to go. When I got home, I whipped up the best 8-ingredient dessert ever! Guiltless dessert. Healthy dessert. Oh me-oh-my I heart dessert!
Strawberry and Apple Crumble
1 lb. cooking apples
1 1/2 cups strawberries
2 tablespoons organic granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons orange juice
Ingredients for the ‘Curative’* Crumble
3 tablespoons plain wholemeal flour
2/3 cup oats
1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
*Curative; cause crumbles always make me smile. And smiling is always a good, good thing to do!
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Peel, core and slice the apple.
Halve the strawberries.
Toss the apples, strawberries, sugar, cinnamon and orange juice.
Gently place into a ovenproof dish.
Mix the wholemeal flour, oats and softened butter with a fork.
Sprinkle the crumble evening over the fruit.
Bake for 40 minutes, until golden brown and bubbling.
Sounds yummy, doesn’t it? And easy and healthful too!
Enjoy. Feel free to share your favorite yum delish, healthful recipes below!!!!
Hungry for more Kick in the Tush recipes from the Dysfunctional Chef?
St. Patrick’s Day Special: Corned Beef and Cabbage
Black Olive/Sweet Potato Hummus
Spread the word … NOT the icing,
wise * fun * utterly useful
For the best in wellness and weight loss wisdom, visit Janice:
Our Lady of Weight Loss
join the Kick in the Tush Club
Follow Janice Taylor on Twitter: www.twitter.com/OurLady
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- How to EAT (until sated), DRINK (in moderation), and BE GRATEFUL (in excess).
- Cellulite Barbie Has Arrived and she loves her inner chubby child?
- Thanksgiving Food News: THE TOP 20 U.S. STATES THAT LOVE GREEN-BEAN CASSEROLE
- 26 Thanksgiving Quotes — After a good dinner one can forgive anybody, even one’s own relations.
- SAY WHAT? Student Refuses To Be Weighed; Sent to Principal
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: How to Lose 10 Pounds in 3 Minutes?
- Puzzled? A Sinfully Satisfying Thanksgiving Guide!
- Thanksgiving QUIZ: How Ill-Mannered Are YOU?
- Peeved! OLD NAVY CHARGES MORE FOR PLUS-SIZE CLOTHES!
- Eat This: Lose Weight – Hot off The Griddle Banana, Peanut Butter Sandwich