We have demonstrated that we can – individually and collectively – get fat and stay fat. We are very good at it. One of best our stay fat strategies is to be “vague.” We take a wishy-washy, white bread approach to weight loss. We pretend. We toss in an “I’ll try” and a “maybe” or two. “I’m going to try and lose weight.” “Maybe I’ll exercise.” “Really, maybe!”
We create enough wiggle room to wiggle our way straight into a plate of fries or a hot fudge chocolate sundae.
We love vague, because there’s no commitment in it. We love vague because we are good at it! The less structure, the less planning, the better. The more unaware, the better.
Vague is easy.
We are comfortable with our fuzzy, formless, unspecific way of being. The only glitch in vague is that it keeps you exactly where you are. There’s no movement in vague. True enough, you are stuck in vague.
In order to move, to make progress, to manifest your hopes and dreams, action needs to be taken and there’s no place for vague in action. In fact, when taking action, you really need to be ‘specific.’ Yes, specific!
Each and every time you decide that you are going to do something, get specific.
What’s your plan, specifically?
How are you going to accomplish what you want, specifically?
It’s your choice. Stay stuck in vague. It’s easy. And you do it so well. Or get specific and move on!
Weigh-in please. How are you going to move forward, get back on track, lick this habit … specifically?
Spread the word … NOT the icing!
wise * fun * utterly useful
For the best in wellness and weight loss wisdom, visit Janice:
Join Janice’s Kick in the Tush Club!
Interested in Life and Wellness Coaching? Write Janice for F*ree Consult (janice [at] ourladyofweightloss.com]
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- How to EAT (until sated), DRINK (in moderation), and BE GRATEFUL (in excess).
- Cellulite Barbie Has Arrived and she loves her inner chubby child?
- Thanksgiving Food News: THE TOP 20 U.S. STATES THAT LOVE GREEN-BEAN CASSEROLE
- 26 Thanksgiving Quotes — After a good dinner one can forgive anybody, even one’s own relations.
- SAY WHAT? Student Refuses To Be Weighed; Sent to Principal
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: How to Lose 10 Pounds in 3 Minutes?
- Puzzled? A Sinfully Satisfying Thanksgiving Guide!
- Thanksgiving QUIZ: How Ill-Mannered Are YOU?
- Peeved! OLD NAVY CHARGES MORE FOR PLUS-SIZE CLOTHES!
- Eat This: Lose Weight – Hot off The Griddle Banana, Peanut Butter Sandwich