I was imagining what it might be like to wake up to an indoor (or outdoor) Herb Garden. You know, first thing in the morning you are hit with a whiff of rosemary, maybe a bit of mint.
Wake Up Happy!
Research shows that gardening has the power to change your mood, lower your blood pressure, improve the quality of air, alleviate depression, and increase levels of happiness.
So what better thing to do than to grown your own Kitchen Herb Garden!?! All the above benefits AND you’ll have fresh herbs to toss into your happy, healthy recipes!
How to Create an Indoor (or Outdoor) KITCHEN HERB GARDEN
Soil-less Potting Mix (for cuttings or young plants; not seeds)
Herbs (of course!)
Single dish container (or multiples; depending on your window sill)
A window with at least six hour of sunlight – or – a grow light!
THE HERBS: Thyme, mint and rosemary make for a nice start, and they can share one container, as they have the same moisture and lighting needs. The easiest route (the one I travel) is to buy young plants at the florist, greenhouse or supermarket – you know, already grown!
Thyme has a distinctive, spicy scent and can be used to season meats, vegetables and as a salad garnish.
Mint has a fresh smell and a fabulous addition to a tall glass of lemonade or iced tea.
Rosemary is a member of the mint family, and is known to heal wounds, alleviates headaches and improves memory! It has a strong, pungent aroma. Add a few leaves to your breads, poultry and vegetables for a unique flavor.
Tip: The more you trim your plants, the more stems will grow and the herb will stay small and bushy!
Spread the word … NOT the icing!
wise * fun * utterly useful
For the best in wellness and weight loss wisdom, visit Janice:
Join Janice’s Kick in the Tush Club!
Interested in Life and Wellness Coaching? Write Janice for F*ree Consult (janice [at] ourladyofweightloss.com]
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- #OneWord Thursday: 13 (a baker’s dozen) Quotes to Ignite Your #Inner-Child
- Our Lady of Weight Loss’s A Baker’s Dozen: Thirteen Ways to Reward Yourself at the End of a Hard Day as you Revel in the Glory of Your Greatness!
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: Turnips, Weight Loss Handicaps and Gym Bunnies?
- Puzzled? She Pulled a Rabbit Out of Her Hat?
- Eat This: Be Happy – Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Nachos
- #OneWord Thursday: 12 Ways to Fuel #Abundance
- A Quick Fix!
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: Autumnal Hypnagogia – How to touch the sun, reach for the stars, open your heart, follow your dreams!
- Puzzled? A JigSaw Mind Twister – “You Can Never Lick Cake”
- Eat This: Be Happy – 6 Super Mood Boosters