A Tushkateer (member of the Kick in the Tush Club) writes:
Dear Our Lady of Weight Loss ~ I just finished a class on Intuition today. This class was a miracle. It helped me to open up and listen to a higher self and to develop more of a meditation practice.
Anyway, I have had all these wonderful learnings and awarenesses from all of your sharings, but I realize to be aware, to learn, is a miracle yet how do I translate this miracle into action?
How do I take this “miracle” of learning and experience a permanent change in how I use/relate to food. I have had some less than stellar choices the last few days and feel a little frustrated with myself that I can have two sides to my process of change. One part of me that is one board and one that wants to maintain the status quo!
What am I doing that is standing in my way to permanent change? How do I take the learnings, lessons and soul food and really change my way of being?
So, for me the questions are the miracles, because the questions will help me dig a little deeper and see myself in a positive way, which I believe is part of the “all is forgivien, move on” plan.
I believe for me change can only happen out of a positive place not a place full of fear and judgment. I hope these ramblings of a tired mind made some sense. Thanks for reading. Well, that is all for now. Time to kick back and enjoy the beautiful evening in the Pacific Northwest. … LightHearted
LightHearted said it all!
1. The questions are the miracles. It is my job as your coach to ask you questions and/or put forth information that enables you to dig deeper. Once we answer a question, we often stop thinking. Don’t ever stop digging. There’s always more to know.
2. The ALL IS FORGIVEN – MOVE ON plan. Change can only happen out of a positive place; not a place full of fear and judgment. If you are fighting against yourself every step of the way (weigh), you may lose weight but you will find it.
3. What am I doing that is standing in my way to permanent change? This is a great question. Keep asking it. Listen to your thoughts. Be aware. What are you doing / thinking / imagining that is in your way? It may all reduce down to: lack of faith, doubt and/or fear. The specifics for each of us is going to be different. So keep digging!
4. One part of me that is one board and one that wants to maintain the status quo! Yes, that’s right. There is a duality, however, they essentially want the same thing. Both sides want you to be happy. Each side has a different path to get to happy. Ultimately, though, you know that the ‘food’ path no longer works. So – it is our job together to begin to educate and let your unconscious mind know.
5. How do you do that? After you have found peace, love and happiness in your heart; after you have fed your soul until it is full and overflowing, and you are more or less (it may pop up here and there) past fear and judgment – you must follow/have a solid healthy eating plan. A solid and specific plan. A lifestyle plan that works for you.
6. This is your life. Are you in or are you out? Are you willing to do all the things you need to do? Are you willing to change your mind and your habits? Healthy living, permanent change, weight loss … is not a hobby. It is a way of being. Are you all in?
PS: All in doesn’t mean being a perfectionist.
Hungry for more motivation?
11 Tips: Is your New Year’s Resolution wearing THIN?
What are YOU looking for???
Spread the word … NOT the icing!
wise * fun * utterly useful
For the best in wellness and weight loss wisdom, visit Janice:
Join Janice’s Kick in the Tush Club!
Interested in Life and Wellness Coaching?
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- 10 Simple Steps: How to Survive a Tough Day
- End the Madness: Create a Better _____ ?
- Motivational Musing: Yes? Yes! Yes?
- Motivational Monday: The Psychology of Body Esteem
- Coach Yourself Thinnish: Expect a Miracle
- Click Yourself Thinnish: Dogs Listen, do you?
- Jean Nidetch, founder Weight Watchers, Dies at 91
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: Showing Up Matters!
- Puzzled? How to Wear a Tomato
- #OneWord Thursday: #Sunrise – Wake Up Already!!!