I’m not quite sure why it is so difficult to ‘love thyself,’ the number one commandment of Our Lady of Weight Loss’ 10 Commandments of Permanent Fat Removal (a.k.a. weight loss) but apparently – it is!
If you were to ask me, “Janice … What’s the best part of losing weight?” (Go ahead, ask …) I would tell you with certainty that the big prize of permanent weight removal is that at the end of the day there is no beating up of self. I love myself. (In a grounded, non-narcissistic way.)
As a flower needs watering, so does ‘self-love.’
~ Janice Taylor, the voice of Our Lady of Weight Loss
How can you begin to water your ‘self-love’ today???
START WITH A SELF TALK RITUAL:
Look in the Mirror: Smile at yourself (yes, again.)
Pay Yourself a Compliment: Say something nice. Even if it’s as simple as “thank you for looking in the mirror. I appreciate the effort. You are a good soul.”
I Can: Write (in your mind’s eye or on paper) and say “I CAN” 100 times!
“I CAN is 100 times more important than IQ.” — unknown
Post-It Positive Affirmation Daily. Write out a positive affirmation every day. Then post your post it on your mirror or screen or wherever, a positive affirmation and say to yourself, “I love and accept myself completely and unconditionally.”
Fake It Til You Make It. If you have to, fake it till you make it. Pretend to love yourself.
For more St. Valentine’s Day LOVE …
St. Valentine GET JIGGY JigSaw Puzzle: The Rabbit and The Queen – true love?
Sex Menu … woo hoo. Get those aphrodisiacs a cookin!
A Valentine Video for you and your friends.
Spread the loving St. V. word … NOT the icing!
wise * fun * utterly useful
For the best in wellness and weight loss wisdom, visit Janice:
Join Janice’s Kick in the Tush Club!
Interested in Life and Wellness Coaching? Write Janice for F*ree Consult (janice [at] ourladyofweightloss.com]
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- Thanksgiving Food News: THE TOP 20 U.S. STATES THAT LOVE GREEN-BEAN CASSEROLE
- 26 Thanksgiving Quotes — After a good dinner one can forgive anybody, even one’s own relations.
- SAY WHAT? Student Refuses To Be Weighed; Sent to Principal
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: How to Lose 10 Pounds in 3 Minutes?
- Puzzled? A Sinfully Satisfying Thanksgiving Guide!
- Thanksgiving QUIZ: How Ill-Mannered Are YOU?
- Peeved! OLD NAVY CHARGES MORE FOR PLUS-SIZE CLOTHES!
- Eat This: Lose Weight – Hot off The Griddle Banana, Peanut Butter Sandwich
- #OneWord Thursday: #Reality Can Be Beaten With Enough Imagination.
- You Cannot Hate Yourself This, Can You?