I have spent the past 2.5 hours (no kidding – 2.5 hours!) leafing through my recipes, looking for the right delish dish to whip up for Sunday night’s Oscar extravaganza. The criteria: something festive, colorful and comforting, just in case my picks don’t win – and – healthy!
So, without further ado …
Sweet and Sour Oscar Pasta
1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper
1 orange pepper (NO! Green peppers)
2 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons capers
3 tablespoons raisins
1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
juice of one fresh lime
1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoons coriander, freshly chopped
8 ozs. pasta bows
salt n’ pepper to taste
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
Quarter the peppers, removing its innards (the seeds and stalks)
Toss the peppers in boiling water for 10 minutes, until tender.
Drain and rinse under cold water, then peel off the skin and cut the peppers into strips.
In a small bowl, toss the garlic, capers, raisins, lime juice, and honey with coriander and a dash of salt and pepper.
Cook the pasta in large pot of boiling water, until al dente. Follow directions on package.
Drain. Place pasta in pan, add pepper strips and raisin mix. Transfer to serving bowl and sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.
For more fabulous recipes from Janice Taylor, Dysfunctional Chef:
American Idol White Bean Stew
Freeze Your Ass Off Diet! (Video)
Spread the word … NOT the icing!
wise * fun * utterly useful
For the best in wellness and weight loss wisdom, visit Janice:
Join Janice’s Kick in the Tush Club!
Interested in Life and Wellness Coaching? Write Janice for F*ree Consult (janice [at] ourladyofweightloss.com]
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- How to EAT (until sated), DRINK (in moderation), and BE GRATEFUL (in excess).
- Cellulite Barbie Has Arrived and she loves her inner chubby child?
- Thanksgiving Food News: THE TOP 20 U.S. STATES THAT LOVE GREEN-BEAN CASSEROLE
- 26 Thanksgiving Quotes — After a good dinner one can forgive anybody, even one’s own relations.
- SAY WHAT? Student Refuses To Be Weighed; Sent to Principal
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: How to Lose 10 Pounds in 3 Minutes?
- Puzzled? A Sinfully Satisfying Thanksgiving Guide!
- Thanksgiving QUIZ: How Ill-Mannered Are YOU?
- Peeved! OLD NAVY CHARGES MORE FOR PLUS-SIZE CLOTHES!
- Eat This: Lose Weight – Hot off The Griddle Banana, Peanut Butter Sandwich