Want to know the skinny on thin people? Want to know the one big fat difference between them and us?
A recent study conducted at Eastern Virginia Medical School found that – on average – thin people sleep 2 hours more per week than overweight people. Research supports the theory that lack of sleep results in hormonal changes that can cause weight gain.
The High and Low of It.
Specifically, they found that people who don’t get enough zzzzzz’s had lower levels of the hormone leptin, an appetite-suppressing hormone. While, at the same time, they had higher levels of ghrelin, an appetite-boosting hormone!
Do the Math.
If you were to spread out those 2 hours of sleep over the entire week (120 divided by 7), we’re talking approximately 17 minutes of sleep per day. A very doable and sleepable amount!
Curl Up Time!
Get to bed a little earlier, get up a few minutes later, curl up in a chair and dose for a spell! Bottom line: Sleep more – weigh less!
For more Diet Tips, check in with Our Lady of Weight Loss every Tuesday!
The One Less is More Plan
Put a Mirror on the Fridge?
Spread the word … NOT the icing!
wise * fun * utterly useful
For the best in wellness and weight loss wisdom, visit Janice:
Join Janice’s Kick in the Tush Club!
Interested in Life and Wellness Coaching? Write Janice for F*ree Consult (janice [at] ourladyofweightloss.com]
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- #OneWord Thursday: 10 Quotes to Fearlessly Move Into the #Unknown
- Best Weight Loss Tips: Are You Okay? Really?
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: Just How Negative Are You?
- Eat This: Lose Weight – Zucchini, Chickpea Salad
- #OneWord Thursday: 11 #Cousins Day Quotes
- Tasty Tidbit: How to Measure Success?
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: Are Alien Forces Force Feeding You?
- Puzzled? How to Pet a Puppy…on National Eat Junk Day???
- Eat This: Lose Weight – Cucumber Noodles and Feta Salad
- #OneWord Thursday: Do you have the courage to #Dream?