There is one thing that you can do that can and will help you to feel better, look fabulous and reign in the riches!!! Smile!!! And here are some fabulous facts about smiling that are sure to make you smile and get your upward spiral in motion!
Fabulous facts about smiling that are sure to make you smile ~
72% of people think that those who smile frequently are confident and successful;
86% of people are more likely to talk to strangers if they are smiling;
bosses are 12% more likely to promote people who smile a lot;
research shows that 65% of communication is non-verbal (some say even higher); and
studies show that happiness is a by-product of smiling, not that those who are happy smile as most people assume.
One of the best things you can do for yourself and for everyone around you is to smile. Smiling brings oxygen to your brain, immediately makes you feel better, and sends out comforting messages to others. Smiling pulls people in nice and close.
A true smile comes from genuine pleasure. Two sets of facial muscles are used to create this smile. The first set is in the cheeks that pull up the corners of the mouth; the second set is around the eyes. These muscles cause the eyes to narrow and crinkle.
Smiling can make you look like an inviting, accepting, likable and pleasant person (even if you’re not). When you first meet someone, if you don’t smile that person is likely to think that you’re not interested in or attracted to them. They may even think you are a cold potato. So, even if you’re feeling blue or simply not in the mood to smile, do yourself a favor – smile anyway. Fake it until you make it!
The health benefits of smiling are plentiful.
* increases the production of endorphins, natural pain killers and serotonin, a hormone that regulates your mood;
* boosts your immune system and increases the number and activity of antibodies that fight infection;
* lowers your blood pressure;
* helps you to relax;
* relieves stress;
* enhances respiratory function;
* exercises 15-26 facial muscles;
* makes you look younger as it lifts the face; and
* fires up various parts of the brain!
The simple act of smiling can change your day.
Spread the word … NOT the icing!
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- Best Weight Loss Strategy: Stop it! Slow it! Add it???
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: Spiritual Inertia Served Warm?
- Puzzled? 20 Elephant Facts that Warm the Soul
- #OneWord Thursday: #Poetry is eternal graffiti written in the heart of everyone.
- How to Turn Extreme Happiness Into Misery In Under One Minute
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: The End of Summer Blues — 24 Ways to Refresh, Renew, Revitalize
- Puzzled? Suck On a Lemon!
- Quirky Wisdom: Stressed? Irritable? Cranky?
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: #1 KILLER of Grand Plans, Great Schemes and Groovy Dreams!!!
- Puzzled? Who are the Semi-Unconscious Twins?