Praise Be! A 5 ingredient Recipe that is easy to make, delicious, nutritious and can dress up your holiday table, if you like!!!
Baked Vidalia Onions
* 4 large Vidalia onions
* 2 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
* salt, to taste
* black pepper, to taste
* 1 cup shredded (fresh) Parmesan cheese
Peel onions, leaving the roots intact.
Then … take a moment to imagine that you are cutting each onion into a flower. First cut in half, then quarters and then eighths. Cutting just to the root, but not through it. (Can you see that in your mind’s eye?)
Place each onion on a lightly greased square of foil. (If you want to spray the foil with a non-stick spray or spray it with an olive oil spray – do so!).
Press a bit of the butter in the center of each ‘flower.’
Then sprinkle with salt, pepper, and cheese (1/4 cup cheese per onion).
Wrap your masterpiece in the foil.
Arrange in a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
Bake at 400 for about 1 hour.
Serves 4. Big Yum!
5 Sweet Potato Recipes … count ‘em … 5!!!
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- 15 Halloween Quotes: Lick Something Sweet, Laugh Like a Witch, Zuk Blood
- Double Feature: Sweet Surrender Guide to Halloween and No Sugar Halloween Treats
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: Halloween, Primary Point of Entry to the Holiday Season?
- Puzzled? Dark, Dangerous, Spooktacular Bats!
- Eat This: Be Smart – You Don’t Have to Be Einstein Tuna Casserole
- #OneWord Thursday: 13 (a baker’s dozen) Quotes to Ignite Your #Inner-Child
- Our Lady of Weight Loss’s A Baker’s Dozen: Thirteen Ways to Reward Yourself at the End of a Hard Day as you Revel in the Glory of Your Greatness!
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: Turnips, Weight Loss Handicaps and Gym Bunnies?
- Puzzled? She Pulled a Rabbit Out of Her Hat?
- Eat This: Be Happy – Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Nachos