I am going to a friend’s home for dinner tonight, and I volunteered to bring dessert. Why would this 50 pound weight-loss-winner, the voice of Our Lady of Weight Loss volunteer to bring – of all things – dessert?
Because … Now, I have control over the most tempting of all courses!
And “why?” you ask,”Fresh Figs Drizzled with Love specifically?”
Because – “Fresh Figs Drizzled with Love” is …
1. Delish!!! a 5 Yum Dessert
2. Healthy – It is made with real food; nothing processed about this baby.
3. Aesthetically Pleasing – Stunningly beautiful when arranged artfully on the perfect platter!
4. Easy to Make – only 5 ingredients.
5. Difficult to ‘Taste as you Make.’ (If I were making a tray of brownies, I’d want to lick the batter, taste it while baking, taste it when done.)
6. Fresh Figs are In Season! Available from June through October!
Fresh Figs Drizzled with Love
1/3 cup chopped walnuts
12 ripe figs
3 tablespoons whipped (reduced fat) whipped cream cheese
Pinch of nutmeg
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup orange zest
Over medium heat, in small frying pan lightly toast walnuts (3 minutes or so).
Place in plate to cool.
Slice the stems off the figs.
Cut an “X’ in the top of each fig.
Cut down into the fig – about 1 inch.
With love and awareness squeeze each fig from the bottom to open it slightly.
Spoon 1/2 teaspoon of the cheese into the opening of each fig.
Sprinkle the nutmeg on top.
Artfully place figs on platter.
Sprinkle with toasted walnuts.
Drizzle evenly with honey and love. (Don’t forget the love part, it infuses into the dessert!)
Sprinkle with orange zest.
Spread the word … NOT the icing!
Curious about coaching? Janice Taylor can help you live your best life! Write Janice!
“Janice Taylor is a kooky kind of genius. See if her idiosyncratic diet plan will work for you.” ~ O, the Oprah Magazine