Sometimes when people gain weight, they are totally baffled, puzzled, befuddled, and mystified. They are sure that they are doing everything right: consuming between 1,200 and 1,400 calories daily, exercising, thinking right, etc. They are on program, on plan, and on point BUT… the plan … it just ain’t a’workin’!
Lying to Oneself vs. Deluding Thyself
It’s not that the person(s) is lying. They’re not, because they actually believe what they are saying. “Dieters” are skilled “deluders.” Dieters have perfected their ability to pull the wool over their own eyes.
Sometimes they hoodwink themselves by ‘forgetting’ that the BLT’s (bites, licks and tastes) count. They forget that even if they are not counting the calories, their bodies have a built in counter. There’s no way around it. Your body counts every tiny morsel.
Another way that people fool themselves is by miscalculating portions and/or underestimating calories. Perhaps, they are not considering all the ingredients. Perhaps, a half a cup turned into 2/3 of a cup.
Just for today (and then every day thereafter for the rest of your life :), ask yourself … “Am I deceiving myself in any weigh, shape or form?”
Food for thought!
Spread the word … NOT the icing!
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- Puzzled? Suck On a Lemon!
- Quirky Wisdom: Stressed? Irritable? Cranky?
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: #1 KILLER of Grand Plans, Great Schemes and Groovy Dreams!!!
- Puzzled? Who are the Semi-Unconscious Twins?
- Dysfunctional Chef: Warning–One Must Hard Boil Their Eggs Correctly!
- #OneWord Thursday: Say #YES to Love
- KICK in the TUSH TUESDAY: Fly High, Break Free, Be Happy
- Puzzled? How Heavy Is Your Mental Junk?
- Eat This – Totally Satisfying: Caramelized Onion Tart
- #OneWord Thursday: How to Illuminate this #NOW!