Did you know that the skin is our largest and most sensitive organ. Each square inch contains 1,300 nerve endings. It is an extension of our nervous system, and it can be directly affected by our thoughts and emotions. Rashes, hives and eczema can occur during times of emotional distress.
Our skin is so sensitive that when we apply creams, lotions and skin products alike, they get absorbed by the pores and take a little voyage into the blood stream. We wouldn’t want any uninvited toxic substances entering our bodies, would we?
More label reading? For sure. But if you want to play it safe, here are five natural recipes for skin care.
1. Turmeric & Cream: Mix one teaspoon of turmeric and two ounces of heavy cream (borrow from a neighbor, surely you don’t have heavy cream in your refrigerator!). Apply to the skin with a facial sponge, rinse off. (Turmeric has natural antiseptic and antibiotic properties, so this recipe works against blemishes as well.)
2. Almond-Honey Scrub: Mix two tablespoons crushed almonds and one tablespoon honey. Gently rub on face. Leave on for five minutes. Rinse with warm water.
3. Cucumber Mask: Blend together one cubed cucumber and 3 ounces milk (whole, skim or otherwise). Gently apply onto face. Leave on for five minutes. Rinse with warm water.
4. Yogurt Mud Pack: Mix together 3 tablespoons fuller’s earth and 3 tablespoons plain yogurt into a paste. Pat onto face with gentle, upward strokes. Let dry for approx. 15 to 20 minutes . Rinse off with warm water.
5. Peel-Off Masque: Heat together 1 packet of unflavored gelatin and 1/2 cup natural apple juice. Let cool until almost set and then apply to face. Let dry completely. Then peel off!
For healthy skin, be sure to eat plenty of fruits and vegetables, drink tons of water, get some sleep, smile and steer clear of direct sunlight.
Spread the word … NOT the icing!
Curious about coaching?
Janice Taylor can help you live your best life! Write Janice!