Hi there Tushkateers*! One of the many magical, enlightening and transformative topics that was covered this week at my Omega Institute of Holistic Studies workshop, “Our Lady of Weight Loss enLIGHTens,” was about “Optional Suffering.”
There are two things that we do that make us miserable; that cause great suffering … optional suffering. The first is to judge; the second is to have expectations.
We are judging machines. I suspect that when you today pay attention to your thoughts and note each and every time you judge something (from … the coffee is good – to- oh no, it’s gray outside), you will find that there’s a whole lotta’ judging going on.
Just for today, we are invite you to experiment with us. Just for today, instead of labeling things ‘good’ or ‘bad,’ let’s just say, ‘it just is.‘
The number on the scale … ‘it just is.’ Your breakfast … ‘it just is.’ The state of affairs in the office … ‘it just is.’ It’s neither ‘good’ nor ‘bad'; ‘it just is.’
If things are neither good nor bad; if things just are, you can’t be subjected to the push n’ pull, the ups n’ downs, the to and fros of good vs. bad. ‘It just is’ is a place of balance.
And in this place of balance you will not only learn to accept things the way that they are, but you will see things in an entirely new light and with it your expectations will dissipate into thin air!
You will no longer expect people to act in a certain way, for you to be a certain way; you will take things as they come and be content, because you will no longer be disappointed.
“When people see some things as beautiful,
other things become ugly.
When people see some things as good,
other things become bad.”
Spread the word … NOT the icing!
*A Tushkateer is a member of the Kick in the Tush Club!
Beliefnet.com/Kick in the Tush Club Chapter!!!
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- Our Lady of Weight Loss’s A Baker’s Dozen: Thirteen Ways to Reward Yourself at the End of a Hard Day as you Revel in the Glory of Your Greatness!
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: Turnips, Weight Loss Handicaps and Gym Bunnies?
- Puzzled? She Pulled a Rabbit Out of Her Hat?
- Eat This: Be Happy – Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Nachos
- #OneWord Thursday: 12 Ways to Fuel #Abundance
- A Quick Fix!
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: Autumnal Hypnagogia – How to touch the sun, reach for the stars, open your heart, follow your dreams!
- Puzzled? A JigSaw Mind Twister – “You Can Never Lick Cake”
- Eat This: Be Happy – 6 Super Mood Boosters
- #OneWord Thursday: 13 #Synchronistic Happenings, Meaningful Coincidences, Cubic Centimeters of Chance