If you are obsessed with food, and just can’t stop thinking about your next meal, then go straight to your bathroom!
The Bathroom is a natural No-Food Zone! Generally speaking, you won’t find a refrigerator in a bathroom, nor are you tempted to bring a platter full of burgers and fries into the shower or bath with you. (You don’t, do YOU???)
Your bathroom, therefore, is the perfect place to escape to, find peace in and just plain relax! Here follow a few outside the donut box suggestions on how you can revamp your bathroom and either turn it into a spa, a meditation center, or an art gallery. In other words, you can turn your bathroom into the best ever No Food Zone!
Your Bathroom as Meditation Center.
Light Your Incense and say Ommmmmm!
Turn the top of your toilet into an altar. Light a candle or two, some incense, place a small vase of flowers on it, and while you’re soaking in your food-free tub, say Ommmmmmm.
Your Bathroom is an Art Gallery Extraordinare!
Let your funky side out!! Hang a picture or two; place a sculpture in the corner. If you’ve got wall space, cover it with your creations, your kids’ or your friends’. Put a ‘suggested donation’ box for those who visit your art gallery! And if you want to take it a step farther, file for museum status and charge admission!
Weight Loss is a Creative Act! Thing outside of the tub!
Here are a few more tips on how to jazz up your bathroom:
1. Paint it black. Use chalkboard paint on one or more walls; get some colored chalk and write notes, make pictures and change as often as you like. (FYI … we did this for my husband’s birthday party. The room was jam-packed with friends writing messages on the wall! We left it up for over a year!)
2. Add fringe to your towels.
3. Put up a small shelf to showcase your cheesy shot glass collection (from every airport across the country).
4. If you have natural light, add some greenery! Plants galore.
5. To minimize water damage to your art, be sure to use archival mats and seal your frames carefully. That should do it!
* * *
What will you transform your bathroom into? I’m always up for a kooky, creative idea. Comment below!!!
More Creative Weight Loss:
How to Measure Success!!!
How to Make an Affirmation Container!
Spread the word … NOT the icing!
Your GAIN is MY PAIN. How can I help YOU?
In need of a coach? Write Janice!