In an unprecedented move, American Idol flipped the boy/girl schedule this week. The boys were up on Tuesday night instead of Wednesday; and the girls sang live on Wednesday instead of Tuesday, creating time for the 24-year old Ohio mom Crystal Bowersox to recover from … what?
While American Idol spoke of her illness and hospitalization, there was no mention of Bowersox’ specific illness. However, after checking-in with a number of on-line sources, it appears that the mystery illness is diabetes.
The Highs and Lows of Blood Sugar for Diabetics
Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) can happen when you eat too little or not often enough, exercise more than usual take too much of some diabetes medicine(s) or drink alcohol.
Extreme High Blood Sugar occurs when blood sugar levels rise, and the body tries to get rid of the excess sugar by passing it into the urine, resulting in frequent urination and your urine become quite dark.
For more information on diabetes, a life-threatening disease, visit:
The Mayo Clinic and read this comprehensive article from the New York Times.
Join with Janice Taylor, your Life & Wellness Coach, at Omega:
Our Lady of Weight Loss EnLIGHTens; Health, Happiness & Well-Being – Janice Taylor, Life & Wellness Coach, Hypnotist, author & 55 pound big-time-loser, is on a mission. She wants to make health and weight loss fun and create balance and harmony in our life. For more information about her life-changing workshop at The Omega Institute, our nation’s most trusted source for wellness and personal growth … READ ON!
Spread the word … NOT the icing!
Your GAIN is MY PAIN. How can I help YOU?
In need of a coach? Write Janice!
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: Turnips, Weight Loss Handicaps and Gym Bunnies?
- Puzzled? She Pulled a Rabbit Out of Her Hat?
- Eat This: Be Happy – Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Nachos
- #OneWord Thursday: 12 Ways to Fuel #Abundance
- A Quick Fix!
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: Autumnal Hypnagogia – How to touch the sun, reach for the stars, open your heart, follow your dreams!
- Puzzled? A JigSaw Mind Twister – “You Can Never Lick Cake”
- Eat This: Be Happy – 6 Super Mood Boosters
- #OneWord Thursday: 13 #Synchronistic Happenings, Meaningful Coincidences, Cubic Centimeters of Chance
- Water: Nature’s Cure-All?