It’s a rare bird out there who says to me, “Hey, what are the rules of permanent weight loss? I’d like to follow them.” Oh no – people go kickin’ and screamin,’ “No one is gonna’ tell them what to do.”
Well, Tushkateers – here’s the thing. Had I not followed Rule #1 and looked up the nutritional info for a grilled cheese sandwich, I would have thought that it was way out of my calorie range. A no on any ‘diet.’ But, guess what?
A grilled cheese sandwich made with one teaspoon of butter on whole wheat bread with one ounce of my favorite cheese is approximately 300 calories. Now, I can add grilled cheese sandwich to my list of things I can eat!
The Rules work in mysterious ways. Nothing was taken away from me. In fact, I gained a healthy lunch option! Grilled cheese with a mammoth green salad.
What are your favorite rules?
How do they work for you?
Spread the RULES … not the icing!
More delish recipes from the Our Lady of Weight Loss Kitchens!
Eat Carbs. Lose Weight.
Healing Foods – Cure All, Yum Delish Recipe.
*A Tushkateer is a member of the Kick in the Tush Club.
Join the Beliefnet Chapter!
Your GAIN is MY PAIN. Help me, help you!
In need of a coach? Write Janice!
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: #1 KILLER of Grand Plans, Great Schemes and Groovy Dreams!!!
- Puzzled? Who are the Semi-Unconscious Twins?
- Dysfunctional Chef: Warning–One Must Hard Boil Their Eggs Correctly!
- #OneWord Thursday: Say #YES to Love
- KICK in the TUSH TUESDAY: Fly High, Break Free, Be Happy
- Puzzled? How Heavy Is Your Mental Junk?
- Eat This – Totally Satisfying: Caramelized Onion Tart
- #OneWord Thursday: How to Illuminate this #NOW!
- Chewing the Fat: Quick Fixes? For or Against?
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: An Experiment–Let’s Get Miserable!