If your girth is increasing while your happiness is decreasing; if you feel like you are about to explode and/or implode, then read this!
Here follows an email I received from one of my readers (a.k.a. Tushkateers*) that I am sure we can relate to. A valuable lesson that will help you permanently lose weight!
Dear Janice (a.k.a. Our Lady of Weight Loss) ~ I have zero will power. I can’t stick to anything. I am tired of all this weight I have on my hips, thighs and belly. I just don’t know how to get rid of it. I keep eating too much all of the time! Help!!! ~ Jennifer V.
Dear Jennifer ~ Before you begin your healthy eating plan, might I suggest that you first look at the belief systems that are present in your language!
Your subconscious mind is taking in everything you say, embedding those thoughts and acting upon them. Basically, this is a powerful example of negative self-hypnosis! Let’s take a look at what you say …
1. “I have zero will power.” Zero? None whatsoever? Please think of a time – even if only for a brief minute – that you did exhibit will power.
2. And … as I love to say, “There is no such thing as will power; only want power.” You have to want it enough – no if, and or buts – about it.
3. “I can’t stick to anything.” Another blanket statement! Really, nothing whatsoever, at all???
4. Instead of saying, “I can’t stick to anything.” Say this: “I don’t know how to follow my food plan, YET! I am investigating, exploring and discovering ways to make this work for me. One step at a time.”
5. “I am tired …” is a tiring statement. How about, “I am ready to work at this and change the way I think, talk and eat.”
6. “get rid of it.” What might it be like to say ‘”I am exploring ways of letting ‘it’ go?” I don’t know about you, but – for me – getting rid of something feels a bit aggressive. If it works for you – okay – but I kind of steer my brain toward a gentler way – how about ‘let go of the excess weight?’
7. “I am eating too much all of the time.” All of the time? Another blanket statement. AND – “I am …” is an identity statement. When you hear yourself saying “I am …” remember that you are defining yourself, in this case as a person who eats too much all of the time. How else might you define yourself, in a positive way?
Language is important. Our actions follow our thoughts. Your first step to permanent weight loss is listening to and observing your thoughts, your words, the phrases that you spin and then, if need be, stop and rewrite them.
How much better do you feel now that you are infusing positive language into your thoughts and beliefs?
Thanks to Jennifer for sending in your email that is ripe with delicious learning and possibility. ~ Janice
Sometimes just our language can send us spinning into a negative space of feeling overwhelmed.
Take 3 minutes now (here’s a link to an online stop watch to write down how you are going to – today – explore, investigate and discover how to change your thoughts and actions, in the most positive terms possible.
Hungry for more tips on how to Coach Yourself Thin?
13 Tips that JOLT you into action.
What does your EATING STYLE say about you?
*Tushkateer – a member of the Kick in the Tush Club Join with us! Slim down as you laugh it up!
Spread the word … not the icing!
Your GAIN is MY PAIN. How can I help YOU?
In need of a coach? Write Janice!
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- Puzzled? The 3-Tiered Curiously Charismatic Cupcake
- Eat This: Lose Weight — Back-On-the Bandwagon Baked Beans
- #OneWord Thursday: #Loss – Letting Go Is the Lesson
- What Happens If You Don’t Have Loving Parents?
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: Are You a Food Victim?
- #Puzzled? No Need to Shoot!
- Prickly Prayer: Dear Our Lady of the Hair Trigger?
- #OneWord Thursday: 9 Quotes – Fear Builds Walls Instead of #Bridges
- Creative Bridge Building: 2 Steps from Dreams to Reality
- #KickTush: 5 Happy Steps – Smile and The Scales Of Injustice Will Smile with You?