Today is National Pancake Day! In celebration, I’d like to share my favorite 100 calorie pancake recipe with you, as well as a few tips on how to make the best pancake ever!!!
1-1/4 Cups Flour (Whole Wheat preferable!!!)
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1 Tablespoon Raw Sugar
1 Cup 2% Milk
1 egg; 2 egg whites
1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
Preheat your skillet over a medium heat, and spray with cooking spray.
While it is heating, in medium sized bowl, mix together:
Flour, baking soda, and sugar! Put aside.
Beat together milk, eggs and the vanilla.
Then fold it into the dry ingredients.
Now, here’s my little ‘dirty’ secret. Take a teaspoon of real butter and add to the skillet! A little butter is okay, as long as you don’t go haywire!
Then with ladle, scoop out the mixture onto the pan.
You should get about 8 to 10 pancakes.
Lumpy Batter is a Good Thing! Stir the batter with a whisk or fork – but only until dry ingredients are blended. The batter should be lumpy!
Over mixing makes for a tough pancake!
The griddle needs to be the right temperature. Sprinke a few drops on it, and if dance the Bunny Hop, then it’s good to go!
Cook pancakes until one side is full of bubble. Then turn.
Turn only once!
Enjoy your holiday!!!
More de-LISH recipes from the Dysfunctional Chef, Janice Taylor.
Dysfunctional Chef VIDEO!!! Amazing fig sauce. YUM!
Eat Carbs. Lose Weight!
Spread the word … not the icing!
Your GAIN is MY PAIN. How can I help YOU?
In need of a coach? Write Janice!
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- Eat This: Lose Weight – Chick Pea Curry
- #OneWord Thursday: 9 Simple But Not Easy Quotes to Chew On This Holiday Season
- Chewing the Fat: What’s Your Worst Thing Ever?
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: 2015 – Manifesting Your Dreams
- Click Yourself Thin: Happy and Delicious Weight Loss
- Cooking Up a Healthy Storm: Christmas Carrot Risotto
- #OneWord Thursday: An Invitation to Lower Your #Expectations
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: Out of Control? You are not alone…
- Holiday Puzzle? Happiness Served Up Simple and Plentiful
- #OneWord Thursday: #Holiday Quotes – Blessed Is the Season