Ain’t THAT the truth! We do live in an obesogenic world!
The sidewalks in our towns and cities have been rolled up and taken away. We no longer take a quick walk or ride our bikes to the mart. We’re rolling down our driveways how many times a day?
The plethora of non-physical recreation choices, from television to surfing the net, to video games, add layers of undulating fat to the landscape. And last but not least, the food industry has hooked the public on foods that are laden with unhealthy amounts of salt, fat and sugar!
We live in a fat-creating world! What to do? Here are …
6 Obesity Fighting Tips for a Obesogenic World
1. Make your home your safe haven. Clear out the red light foods now. Toss ’em, chuck em’, get rid of them. There’s enough temptation out ‘there!’
2. Shop the outer perimeter of the grocery store. For the most part, ‘real food’ like fresh fruits, vegetables, dairy products, and meats are located on the outer aisles. The processed ‘stuff’ is in the middle. If it’s not real food, do not eat it!
3. Brown Bag It. No need to spend the extra money or blow the calories on work meals. Pack up a nutritious lunch and snacks, and take it with you!
4. Throw an Apple in Your Bag. When you grab your keys, cell phone, and lipstick, be sure to grab a piece of fruit, too. Just in case you’re hungry, you’ve got something smart with you! Make it a habit!
5. Read the Menu Before You GO. More often than not, in these modern times, restaurants have their menus listed on the Internet. So check it before you head out! Make the smartest choice possible ahead of time. Don’t get suckered in by re-reading the menu or listening to the waiter hypnotize you with the specials. They’re not so special.
6. Open Your Windows and Yell, “I’m NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE!” Say “NO!” to the food industry. Stop buying unhealthy products. Write editors of the fashion magazines, and tell them to stop listing the latest diet next to a recipe for 7 layer cake! Go to town meetings and tell them that sidewalks are a good idea.
Hungry for More Fat Fighting Words?
The 21 Day Cure: Blow the Fat Cells Out of Your Mind
Coach Yourself Thin: What are YOU willing to do?
Spread the word … NOT the icing!
Does your weight loss chart look like an EKG?
In need of a coach? Write Janice!