During an enlightened conversation with a Tushkateer (Kick in the Tush Club member) about ‘change’ (what else?) and how it sometimes feels that things are never going to change or that change is a coming, but it is painfully slow, I was reminded of the Moso!
The Moso is a bamboo plant that grows in China and the far east.
After the moso is planted, there are no visible signs of growth for up to five years – even under ideal conditions! Then, as if by magic, the Moso suddenly begins growing at the rate of nearly two and one half feet per day, reaching a full height of ninety feet within six weeks. WOW!!!
It’s not magic! The moso’s rapid growth is due to the miles of roots it develops during those first five years of getting ready.
So, remember. Even if there is no visible change, your roots are healthfully and happily developing beneath the surface, deep within, getting you ready to move forward! Have faith!
(Source: The Moso Bamboo Tree – by: Joel Weldon, The Sower’s Seed)
More Inspiration from Our Lady of Weight Loss:
Living to 100!
Sexy 101: 9 Tips to Let Your One-Size-Fits-All Sexy RIP!
Spread the word … NOT the icing!
Does your weight loss chart look like an EKG?
In need of a coach? Write Janice!
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- Dysfunctional Chef Does It AGAIN! Curried Carrots on Couscous
- Coach Yourself Thin: What STOPS YOU???
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: Excuses, Excuses?
- Click Yourself Thin: Say Goodbye to Your Last Temptation?
- Dysfunctional Chef: Spinach Spoon Bread
- #OneWord Thursday: #Winter Blues?
- Best Weight Loss Tip: 20 Minutes Heaven or Hell…You Decide!
- Kick Tush Tuesday: The Skinny Scoop on Laughter
- Beliefnet Feature: Fire Within — 8 Positive Things YOU Can Do In 30 Seconds
- #OneWord Thursday: How to #Survive!