This morning at 8 a.m. Eastern time, Janice Taylor, your Life & Wellness Coach, will can be heard on Martha Stewart radio (Sirius) chatting about New Year’s Resolutions with hosts Betsy and Kim.
They want to discuss, with Janice (woo hoo), how it is that we are gung ho on January 1 and then done!
Here, before I discuss it with them, I am sharing my thoughts with you. Please feel free to leave comments below.
Why is it that our New Year’s Resolutions wear thin?
1. How Excited and Inspired Are You, Really? Are the goals you set your own, or are they coming from the ‘shoulds’ – ‘musts’ and ‘have tos’ that other people have laid upon you? If you are not excited, forgetaboutit.
2. Did You Bite Off More than You Can Chew? Be realistic for goodness sake. You can’t start off with 300 pound weights. Try a 3 pounder first! Small changes create big results.
3. Help!!! No woman is an island unto herself. We all need people in our lives that can help and lend support. Make a two column list right now. On the left side list your resolutions. On the right side, list who can help you!
4. Did You Write it Down? No! Well you gotta! Statistics show that 75% of what we write down happens. Putting your goals on paper both alerts your brain that you are “open for business,” as well as sending a strong and positive message to the universe, declaring that you are, indeed, “in the game!”
5. What’s your plan?! Huh? You don’t have one! Writing down your goals is important, but a plan is what keeps you on track.
6. What’s your first action step? Like hola, Tushkateers! Writing it down and making a detailed plan are important steps, but then you must take action.
7. Don’t Let Life Get in the Way. It’s easy to let life take over. Going to work, getting the laundry done, going to your kids’ soccer games, etc. etc. We barely have time to breathe! I get it!!! Therefore, you must schedule your goals. Whatever it is that you need to do to manifest, put it on your calendar. Even grocery shopping for fruits & veggies.
8. Go Towards the Positive vs. Pushing Away from Negative. Instead of focusing on the negative habit you want to let go of, look toward your happy, compelling future. For instance, if you want to quit smoking, focus on what a healthy life looks like. Remember, we manifest what we focus on.
9. Drowning in Drama. At some point, doubt and fear will surface. When your ‘evil twin’ speaks to you, rather than believe that voice and get sucked into the drama, you need to move back into action, immediately. It takes a strong ‘want power’ muscle to do it, but I know that you have it in you!
10. Failure is Feedback. Brace yourself, friends. You will fail here and there, because failure is a part of the process. When things aren’t going your way; when your action plan isn’t working, it’s time to review and revamp! Failure is merely feedback. Tweak it and move on. No ten year detours allowed!
Spread the word … NOT the icing!
Does your weight loss chart look like an EKG?
In need of a coach? Write Janice!
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- Dysfunctional Chef Does It AGAIN! Curried Carrots on Couscous
- Coach Yourself Thin: What STOPS YOU???
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: Excuses, Excuses?
- Click Yourself Thin: Say Goodbye to Your Last Temptation?
- Dysfunctional Chef: Spinach Spoon Bread
- #OneWord Thursday: #Winter Blues?
- Best Weight Loss Tip: 20 Minutes Heaven or Hell…You Decide!
- Kick Tush Tuesday: The Skinny Scoop on Laughter
- Beliefnet Feature: Fire Within — 8 Positive Things YOU Can Do In 30 Seconds
- #OneWord Thursday: How to #Survive!