Today is National Hugging Day! I’ve already hugged three people! And in doing so, I realized that hugging is a bit more complex than just grabbing someone and squeezing! Not everyone welcomes a full frontal hug! Go figure.
Anyway, if you are thinking about participating in this national holiday, “Hugging Day,” then there are some rules that you definitely will want to follow!
The RULES of HUGGING!
1. Oral Hygiene:
When was the last time you brushed your teeth? Gargled? Flossed?
What did you last eat? Is the smell of onion still lingering? Please, Good Oral Hygiene is an absolute must!
2. Body Hygiene:
Do you smell good?
Did you workout and you’re all sweaty? No sweats please!
3. Eye Contact:
You definitely want to make eye contact with someone before you hug it out! Friendly hugs require a brief eye-to-eye. Romantic hugs require a long-lasting simmer.
4. The Gentle Lean:
Best to lean in gently and slowly as you wrap your arms around the ‘huggee,’ lest you overwhelm them.
5. The Positioning of the Arms:
Above or below the other person’s arms. Needless to say, if their arms are hanging by their sides, get out quick.
6. No Squishing, No Bear Hugs:
Remember, this is a gentle, sweet hug. Firm is one thing, but squishing is another! And bear hugs … for goodness sake, we’re not trying to knock the breath out of eachother!
7. No Back Patting:
Back patting can lead to burping and it’s just not good feng shui. Breaks the loving energy!
8. Body Language:
Pay attention to your huggee’s body language. When they begin to let go, you let go as well. Not to worry, this is not the last hug ever!
Enjoy your day!
More De’lite’ful Spot On Skinny News from Our Lady of Weight Loss!
How to GET RID of DEAD WEIGHT!!!
7 Tips: Stressed to Refreshed!
Are YOU Desensitizing the Word of God?
Spread the word … NOT the icing!
Does your weight loss chart look like an EKG?
In need of a coach? Write Janice!
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- 26 Thanksgiving Quotes — After a good dinner one can forgive anybody, even one’s own relations.
- SAY WHAT? Student Refuses To Be Weighed; Sent to Principal
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: How to Lose 10 Pounds in 3 Minutes?
- Puzzled? A Sinfully Satisfying Thanksgiving Guide!
- Thanksgiving QUIZ: How Ill-Mannered Are YOU?
- Peeved! OLD NAVY CHARGES MORE FOR PLUS-SIZE CLOTHES!
- Eat This: Lose Weight – Hot off The Griddle Banana, Peanut Butter Sandwich
- #OneWord Thursday: #Reality Can Be Beaten With Enough Imagination.
- You Cannot Hate Yourself This, Can You?
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: Beware the Slippery Slope