Just yesterday, I was sharing with a friend that my greatest accomplishment in life (yes, all of life) – aside from having children (got to say that, right?) – is that I permanently removed over 50 pounds and there is a space between my thighs! That’s right!!!
I no longer house economy-sized bottles of baby powder to rub between my thighs before a summer-time walk! I no longer suffer from thigh ‘chafing!’
Amazing accomplishment, no? Something you can relate to, yes?
Well then, you can imagine my upset when I read this morning that a study conducted by the British Medical Journey of approximately 3,000 men and women between the ages of 35 to 65 indicated that those with a thigh circumference of less than 23.6 inches “greatly increased” their risk of developing heart disease and dying prematurely!
The people at the greatest risk of developing heart and circulation problems and dying prematurely are people whose thigh circumference measures less than 18 inches! And, further – just so you know – there is no benefit from having thighs that are larger than 23.6 inches!
So to those who have 23.6 inch thighs, mazel tov! You’re perfect. To those who measure less than 18 inches, presumably like Victoria Beckham, take heed! As for me, I’m still thrilled with the space between my thighs, and I will continue to exercise, eat healthfully, think happy thoughts and monitor my blood pressure!
For the full skinny on the study, visit:
Thigh circumference and risk of heart disease and premature death: prospective cohort study
More Celebrity Weight:
Kirstie Alley – Will she lose it and find it AGAIN?
Mo’Nique Loses it! 40 pounds.
Kelly Clarkson AirBrushed Away?
Spread the word … NOT the icing!
Does your weight loss chart look like an EKG?
In need of a coach? Write Janice!
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- Cellulite Barbie Has Arrived and she loves her inner chubby child?
- Thanksgiving Food News: THE TOP 20 U.S. STATES THAT LOVE GREEN-BEAN CASSEROLE
- 26 Thanksgiving Quotes — After a good dinner one can forgive anybody, even one’s own relations.
- SAY WHAT? Student Refuses To Be Weighed; Sent to Principal
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: How to Lose 10 Pounds in 3 Minutes?
- Puzzled? A Sinfully Satisfying Thanksgiving Guide!
- Thanksgiving QUIZ: How Ill-Mannered Are YOU?
- Peeved! OLD NAVY CHARGES MORE FOR PLUS-SIZE CLOTHES!
- Eat This: Lose Weight – Hot off The Griddle Banana, Peanut Butter Sandwich
- #OneWord Thursday: #Reality Can Be Beaten With Enough Imagination.