Because a number of scientific studies have demonstrated that garlic is a ‘healing’ food and that regular consumption of said garlic cures our ills, I decided to load up on this aromatic vegetable like there’s no tomorrow, adding it in bulk to my recipes!
Last night, I whipped up an amazing penne dish, heavy on the garlic. It set the house on fire! Well … almost. I swiped the pot holder under the pot without turning off the flame. But all’s well that ends well … and bottom line there was a lot of lip-smacking going on!!!
Aromatic Penne (sounds better than Penne a la Garlic, no?)
1/2 box (8 ozs.) of penne pasta (whole wheat if you’ve got it)
1 head of broccoli – florets only
3 tablespoons of virgin olive oil
14 cloves of garlic (no, I’m not kidding!)
1 green chile pepper (not a green pepper, a chile pepper)
3 small fresh tomatoes, cut up however you like it, cubes, slices
3/4 tablespoons of parmesan cheese
Salt n’ pepper to taste
Cook the pasta as directed, in a large pot with boiling salted water.
Steam the broccoli florets for about a minute!! Just want them to soften a bit.
Then … put the pasta in a bowl, with the broccoli florets.
Add the rest of the ingredients.
Side Note: Garlic is known to –
* destroy Candida albicans, a fungus responsible for yeast infections,
* inhibit bacteria,
* lower serum cholesterol,
* reduce systolic blood pressure,
* lower blood sugar levels, and
* fight the common cold.
A 5 Yum Recipe.
10 Simple Steps to Kick in the New Year
A Fat Nation Loses Weight?
Now serving … The 21 Day Cure: Blow the Fat Out of Your Mind (e-program) starts on January 11. Reserve a spot NOW! Limited Seating!!!
Spread the word … NOT the icing!
Does your weight loss chart look like an EKG?
In need of a coach? Write Janice!
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- Coach Yourself Thinnish: Imagine Emptiness ?
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: Strengthen Your Immune System
- Puzzled? No Need to Shoot!
- #OneWord: #Spring shows what God can do with a drab and dirty world.
- Coach Yourself Thinnish: How Willing are You?
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: I Want, You Want…Want Power?
- Click Yourself Thinnish: Springtime Romance, Courage and Strength?
- Coach Yourself Thinnish: Say What? Lose What?
- Kick in the Tush Club Tuesday: To Quit or NOT to Quit
- Click Yourself Thin: How to IDENTIFY and REMOVE Obstables