Just so you know, there’s no rule that says that you have to eat breakfast food in the morning or dinner food in the evening.
I totally enjoyed last night’s “linguine leftovers” this morning for breakfast! It was so good in fact, that I thought you’d want the recipe.
Breakfast??? Linguine a la Garbanzo
2 teaspoons olive oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
3 medium green zucchinis, sliced thin
1 large red pepper, sliced
1 large onion, diced (sweet onions are fab)
1 28-ounch can crushed tomatoes (Italian herb seasoning)
1 15.5-ounch can garbanzo beans, drained
16 ounces spinach linguine
A handful of fresh Italian parsley
Parmesan cheese (optional)
In a large pot over medium heat, cook garlic, zucchini, red pepper and onion in olive oil until tender, 10 minutes or so.
Add tomatoes and garbanzo beans.
Heat to boiling.
Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 30 minutes.
Meanwhile cook pasta as label directs.
Drain. Add sauce and serve with grated cheese, if desired.
Garnish with fresh Italian parsley.
More incredibly rich, delicious and comforting recipes
from the Our Lady of Weight Loss kitchen:
Dr. Oz agrees! Recipes that CURE!
Spread the word … NOT the icing!
Does your weight loss chart look like an EKG?
In need of a coach? Write Janice!
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- Puzzled? Our Lady of the Deep Cleansing Breath wants to know…
- #OneWord : What Shade of #Yellow Are You?
- Coach Yourself Thinnish: Imagine Emptiness ?
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: Strengthen Your Immune System
- Puzzled? No Need to Shoot!
- #OneWord: #Spring shows what God can do with a drab and dirty world.
- Coach Yourself Thinnish: How Willing are You?
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: I Want, You Want…Want Power?
- Click Yourself Thinnish: Springtime Romance, Courage and Strength?
- Coach Yourself Thinnish: Say What? Lose What?