In honor of National Covered in Anything Chocolate Day, I’ve gathered 25 fabulously rich and tasty chocolate quotes! You can now cover yourself in these fun thoughts, phrases, words and thoroughly enjoy one 1-oz. piece of dark chocolate, if you like, at 170 calories per ounce!
1. “Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands – and then eat just one of the pieces ” ~ Judith Viorst
2. “Biochemically, love is just like eating large amounts of chocolate.” ~ John Milton
3. “Nine out of ten people like chocolate. The tenth person always lies.” ~ John Q. Tullius
4. “Exercise is a dirty word. Every time I hear it I wash my mouth out with chocolate.” ~ Charles M. Schultz
5.”Forget love… I’d rather fall in chocolate!” ~ Author Unknown
6 “Once in a while I say, ‘Go for it’ and I eat chocolate.” ~ Claudia Schiffer
7. “Chocolate makes everyone smile – even bankers.” ~ Chocolatier Benneville Strohecker
8.”Caramels are only a fad. Chocolate is a permanent thing.” ~ Milton Snavely Hershey
9. “There are two kinds of people in the world. Those who love chocolate, and communists.” ~ Leslie Moak Murray in ‘Murray’s Law’ comic strip
10. “Other things are just food. But chocolate’s chocolate.” ~ Writer Patrick Skene Catling
11. “Stress wouldn’t be so hard to take if it were chocolate covered.” ~ Anonymous
12. “Chocolate is cheaper than therapy and you don’t need an appointment.” ~ Anonymous
13. “Chocolate: Here today…Gone today!” ~ Anonymous
14. “Chocolate is nature’s way of making up for Mondays.” ~ Anonymous
15. “There’s more to life than chocolate, but not right now.” ~ Anonymous
16. “If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?” ~ Marquise de Sévigné
17. “Chocolate: the poor mans’ champagne.” ~ Daniel Worona
18. “The greatest tragedies were written by the Greek Sophocles and English Shakespeare. Neither knew chocolate.” ~ Sandra Boynton
19. “Life without chocolate is life lacking something important.” ~ Marcia Colman Morton & Frederic Morton
20. “Nothing is more romantic than chocolate.” ~ Ted, Queer Eye For The Straight Guy
21. “My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I’ve finished two bags of M&M’s and a chocolate cake. I feel better already.” ~ Dave Barry
22. “Researchers have discovered that chocolate produces some of the same reactions in the brain as marijuana. The researchers also discovered other similarities between the two but can’t remember what they are.” ~Matt Lauer (American Journalist, b.1957)
23. “All I need is a little love now and then, but some chocolate will do for now.” ~ Lucy Van Pelt quotes
24. “What you see before you, my friend, is the result of a lifetime of chocolate.” ~ Katherine Hepburn
25. “Look, there’s no metaphysics on earth like chocolates.” ~ Fernando Pessoa
More Delish Links!
FREE DOWNloadable 10 Commandments of Holiday Weight Loss
The Holiday Diet Fast!
Looking toward your future? Thinking about 2010?!
21 Ways to Make Simple New Year’s Resolutions
Spread the word … NOT the icing!
Does your weight loss chart look like an EKG?
In need of a coach? Write Janice!
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- #OneWord Thursday: #Loss – Letting Go Is the Lesson
- What Happens If You Don’t Have Loving Parents?
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: Are You a Food Victim?
- #Puzzled? No Need to Shoot!
- Prickly Prayer: Dear Our Lady of the Hair Trigger?
- #OneWord Thursday: 9 Quotes – Fear Builds Walls Instead of #Bridges
- Creative Bridge Building: 2 Steps from Dreams to Reality
- #KickTush: 5 Happy Steps – Smile and The Scales Of Injustice Will Smile with You?
- Dysfunctional Chef: Sweet Potato Salad
- 12 Quotes: #Depression Robin Williams…Secret Sorrows