>Are you spending Christmas alone? New Year’s Eve without a date? Kwanzaa with no one to celebrate? Lighting Chanukah candles solo? Take heart. You’re not the only one!
Kick in the Tush Club member, Liz C.O. writes …
Dear OLofWL ~ I am spending Christmas Day alone. Part of me thinks it’s no big deal, but the other part of me is worried that I’ll feel sad and lonely. I am wondering how I can best get through the day without falling into the abyss. Any suggestions? ~ Liz C.O.
Dear Liz ~ The pressure to be happy and feel joyful this time of year is intense, isn’t it!? And being alone on Christmas Day is tricky business! You are wise and smart to think it this through ahead of time. My advice would be to plan, plan, and plan some more. Stock up all things that you love. Create a full day of self-love, self-fun, self-creativity, self-satisfaction. A day of self-appreciation!!!
What does your day of self-happiness look like? Mine might be filled with old movies, the first season of Glee, at least one art project spread out on the table. I’d head out at some point in the day for a good amount of fresh air, take a walk, camera in hand and photograph the day. The day would become a ‘self-day project,’ an opportunity to create an “I Survived Christmas” scrapbook.
Bottom line, I would do my absolute best to ‘accentuate the positive.’
Hope that helps! ~ OLofWL
When alone on Christmas what do you do? Add to the list! Comment below.
1. MOVIE MARATHON. Watch old movies and/or get full season of your favorite television show.
2. CRAFT IT UP. Get out the glue, scissors, fabric, scra-pbooking materials. Go wild.
3. COMMUNE with NATURE. Walk. Hug Trees. Appreciate life in all its glorious forms.
4. VOLUNTEER. Giving is really amazingly rewarding.
5. READ. Curl up in a ball on your sofa and read something that you don’t need to read.
6. COOK. Healthy style.
7. HOME SPA DAY. Candles, bubble bath, essential oils.
8. CHURCH Anyone? They’re open for business 🙂
FREE DOWNloadable 10 Commandments of Holiday Weight Loss
The Holiday Diet Fast!
Looking toward your future? Thinking about 2010?!
21 Ways to Make Simple New Year’s Resolutions
Spread the word … NOT the icing!
Does your weight loss chart look like an EKG?
In need of a coach? Write Janice!