If you want to slim down while you laugh it up, you’ve just got to tune into my yesterday’s interview on VividLife Radio. A full hour of the best weight loss and wellness wisdom ever, peppered with laughs, giggles and chortles.
One of the best of the gleeful chuckles occurred when we were talking about my infamous and most popular Beliefnet special gallery post “What’s Your Stay Fat Strategy?”
Sometimes, people have to see the picture of failure before they can be motivated toward success!
Tongue-in-cheek style, today, Our Lady of Weight Loss and Janice Taylor (that’s me) give to you …
“10 Stay Fat Holiday Diet Tips”
that are guaranteed to help you succeed in NOT losing weight!!!
1. GO HUNGRY! Studies show that we eat faster and more when we are hungry, so if you’ve got a party or an event to go to, go hungry!
2. SUPER-SIZE! The bigger your portion, the better. Seriously folks, this could be your last supper!
3. EAT FAST! It takes twenty minutes for the brain and the stomach to communicate with each other, sending the “I am Full” signal. Those first twenty minutes are prime eating time. Take advantage of them.
4. STAND! There’s no point in sitting down and eating like a ‘lady’ or ‘gentleman.’ Whether you are standing, walking, running or sitting, it doesn’t matter, as long as you keep on eating!
5. DO THE HALF THING! Eat Half of the Pie. Half of the Turkey. Half of the Ham. Half of the Stuffing Casserole. Save the other half for later!
6. DRINK! Alcohol is known to lower one’s inhibitions. So drink, loosen up, and have yourself a ball!
7. THE FORK TRICK! Instead of dipping the fork in the salad dressing and then into the salad, load your fork with a nice hefty couple of pieces of lettuce and then dip it in the dressing until it is drenched in heavy oil!
8. COVET thy neighbor’s food. Always check out your friends’ and neighbor’s plates. See what they are eating and need be, pick off their plates!
9. ANYTHING CHOCOLATE! Chocolate can act as a mood booster. Happy, Happy, Happy!
10. LEFTOVERS! Makes sure that you save some of the leftovers for a late night snack. You definitely want to end your happy stay fat evening on a fat note!
What are some of your STAY FAT this HOLIDAY DIET TIPS? Share, please!
More De-LISH Links:
25 CHOCOLATE QUOTES!!! Yum.
Alone and Lonely?
10 Commandments of Holiday Weight Loss (downloadable)
Spread the word … NOT the icing!
Does your weight loss chart look like an EKG?
In need of a coach? Write Janice!
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- Prickly Prayer: Dear Our Lady of the Hair Trigger?
- #OneWord Thursday: 9 Quotes – Fear Builds Walls Instead of #Bridges
- Creative Bridge Building: 2 Steps from Dreams to Reality
- #KickTush: 5 Happy Steps – Smile and The Scales Of Injustice Will Smile with You?
- Dysfunctional Chef: Sweet Potato Salad
- 12 Quotes: #Depression Robin Williams…Secret Sorrows
- Chewing the Fat: Miss Chocolate Chiffon Calling Your Name?
- Depression: 11 Ways to Reignite Your Joie de Vivre
- Puzzled? What Happens When You Howl at the SuperMoon?
- #OneWord Thursday: 13 Quotes that #SparktheImagination