Living to 100, Our Lady of Weight Loss’s mother, Harriet Taylor (94 years young; sure to live past 100) shares her anti-aging secrets! Amazingly young and active, an inspiration to us all.
Top Ten Longevity Tips Straight from the Mouth of The Almost Ancient Wise Woman
1. Surround yourself with friends. The ones who are still living.
2. Read all the time; romance novels primarily – with happy endings. I’d prefer to read about sex. I’ve looked around, and believe me, reading about it is better than doing it with what’s available.
3. Watch news only once a day, or I’d be stark staring mad.
4. I don’t bother my children. I’m the ideal mother. I don’t haunt them. I would never come uninvited, even if you lived one block away.
5. I don’t over eat, but I don’t eat health food like you all do.
6. I have a good disposition. Don’t get depressed. Sad here and there, but don’t let it carry into my every day life.
7. Watch television selectively. Not all day long. Particularly like Oprah, tremendously. Don’t you?
8. That’s enough? Isn’t it … oh, I’m not a big shopper – don’t buy a lot of clothes. I manage to look all right.
9. Keep sadness out of my conversations with friends. Focus on what’s good in life. Should one of the ladies get maudlin, I change the topic.
10. You want to know what my big trick is … my ‘secret’ to living long? Don’t die! (peels of laughter … she cracks herself up.)
Want to fill up on more happy? 21 Simple Ways to Be Happy (a Beliefnet special!!!)
Spread the word … NOT the Icing!
Reserve your seat at the Holiday Table!
The Holiday Diet: Wake Up Thinner!
Does your weight loss chart look like an EKG?
In need of a coach? Write Janice!
Required Reading:Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal an OPRAH BOOK CLUB pick: Summer 2009 – Buy NOW!
Write Janice Taylor, Weight Loss Coach, Certified Hypnotist, Author and 50-pound big-time-loser for an introductory one-on-one coaching session.