Can you smell the amazing aroma coming from my kitchen? I just whipped up a tray of Apple Brown Betty. I’m so sad that you’re not my neighbor and can’t popover for an afternoon tea party. Wouldn’t that be awesome?!
As a consolation prize, here follows the best Apple Brown Betty recipe ever! FYI … it’s one of the many delicious Our Lady of Weight Loss approved recipes from my book, All Is Forgiven, Move On (required reading for anyone who has lost ‘it’ and found ‘it’ more than once).
Apple Brown Betty is an American dessert that dates back to colonial times. A “betty” is baked pudding made with layers of sweetened and spiced fruit and buttered bread crumbs. It’s often served with some kind of cream. Not here! Forgetaboutit!
6 golden delicious apples, sliced
3/4 cup frozen apple juice concentrate
1/2 cup golden raisins
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/3 cup whole-wheat flour
1/3 cup quick oats
3 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
3 tablespoons buttah!
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Coat a medium-size baking dish with nonstick spray. Set it aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine the apples, apple juice concentrate, raisins, cinnamon and three tablespoons of the flour. Spoon the mixture into a baking dish.
4. In a medium bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, butter and remaining flour. Stir the mixture until it is crumbly. Sprinkle it over the apple mixture.
5. Bake the pudding for 1 hour, or until it is bubbly and golden brown. Serve it warm. YUM!
More Delicious Autumn Recipes!!!
Autumn Equinox 2009 RECIPES!
The Empress and her PEAR!
Oranges in Fig Sauce (VIDEO included!)
Spread the word … NOT the Icing!
Required Reading:Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal an OPRAH BOOK CLUB pick: Summer 2009 – Buy NOW!
Write Janice Taylor, Weight Loss Coach, Certified Hypnotist, Author and 50-pound big-time-loser for an introductory one-on-one coaching session.