Guess who I bumped into at the Skecher’s shoe store in Times Square this morning? Want a hint or two? She’s the queen of fitness, has incredibly tight buns, strong arms and she is overflowing with positive energy. Denise Austin! True enough! I bumped straight into her.
We hugged, and we literally jumped up and down in our Shape-ups. (FYI, Shape-ups are Skechers new sneakers that are designed to promote weight loss, tone muscles, improve posture. I haven’t had mine long enough to attest to these claims, but I can tell you that my feet, legs and back are happy, happy and I’m walking a lot longer and farther than I was in my regular sneaks.) Anyway … back to Denise!
Denise’s energy and positive attitude is contagious, but I know that no one – and I mean no one – is always ‘high in the pie’ happy, so I asked her flat out, “Denise, what do you do when you feel crappy? How do you get your positive energy swirling again?”
Here are 6 Happy Energy Tips straight from one of America’s top fitness gurus, Denise Austin:
1. Call a friend! Denise sometimes calls one, two or even all three of her sisters, to get the energy moving, and a friend or two, as well.
2. Open the Doors and Windows. There’s nothing like fresh air to swirl the energy. Stale air out: fresh air in!
3. Get some sun. Studies have shown that 15 or 20 minutes of sun daily improves energy and health. Be sure to put on your sunscreen!
4. Take a walk. Walking is one of the most powerful tools to get the energy and creativity moving. I know that it always makes me feel better and now that I’ve got my bouncy Shape-ups, watch out!
5. Hot cup of green tea. Sometimes just sipping a hot cup of tea, relaxing and breathing does the trick.
6. Fixing dinner! Denise has two beautiful daughters and when she cooks up a healthy meal for them, it makes her feel good too!
Isn’t life amazing? You just never know what’s going to happen! I took a walk to Times Square, and I came home with 6 happy energy tips from Denise Austin!
More FUN and Weight Loss Creativity.
10 Ways to Curb, Conquer & Control Nighttime Eating
The Holiday Diet: Wake Up Thinner than You are NOW (on January 1)
Spread the word … NOT the Icing!
Does your weight loss chart look like an EKG?
In need of a coach? Write Janice!
Required Reading:Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal an OPRAH BOOK CLUB pick: Summer 2009 – Buy NOW!
Write Janice Taylor, Weight Loss Coach, Certified Hypnotist, Author and 50-pound big-time-loser for an introductory one-on-one coaching session.