A Serious Sugar Shout-Out from Our Lady of Weight Loss. According to the American Heart Association (AHA) the average American will munch through, chow down and/or guzzle 22 teaspoons, or 355 calories of sugar today (and tomorrow and the next day)!
For those of you who are thinking, “Not me, I only put 2 teaspoons in my one cup of coffee in the morning,” think again!
Sugar is added to – geeze – just about every packaged food out there. Take a look at the labels and word up – if any of these words appear – you are ingesting sugar, big time!
high fructose corn syrup
The biggest problem is that we are, on average, consuming 355 calories per day of empty calories that do absolutely nothing for us but rather work against us vs. nutrient rich calories that help us to burn bright and happy throughout the day. Sugar is associated with obesity, having high blood pressure, high levels of triglycerides, and oxidative stress and inflammation.
What to do?
Read labels! At the very least, own up to what you are doing to yourself!
Eliminate soft drinks and other sugar-sweetened beverages. Just one can of soda contains 130 calories and 8 teaspoons of sugar.
Steer clear of process foods! Go Fresh!
The Outer Limits!
The AHA suggests that women consume no more than 6 teaspoons per day (about 100 calories or 25 grams) of added sugar; and men no more than 9 teaspoons (about 150 calories or 37.5 grams).
More Life-Changing Food News:
Give Kraft a Kick in the Tush: Harmful chemicals in your mac & cheese?
Cooking Off the Couch: 3 Scrumptious De-Lish Recession Proof Recipes
Belly Fat Cure
Spread the word … NOT the icing!
Follow Janice on Twitter and/or Facebook!
Required Reading:Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal an OPRAH BOOK CLUB pick: Summer 2009 – Buy NOW!
Join the Our Lady of Weight Loss’s Kick in the Tush Club: Beliefnet Chapter.
Write Janice Taylor, Weight Loss Coach, Certified Hypnotist, Author and 50-pound big-time-loser for an introductory one-on-one coaching session.
Visit Our Lady of Weight Loss.
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- Our Lady of Weight Loss’s A Baker’s Dozen: Thirteen Ways to Reward Yourself at the End of a Hard Day as you Revel in the Glory of Your Greatness!
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: Turnips, Weight Loss Handicaps and Gym Bunnies?
- Puzzled? She Pulled a Rabbit Out of Her Hat?
- Eat This: Be Happy – Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Nachos
- #OneWord Thursday: 12 Ways to Fuel #Abundance
- A Quick Fix!
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: Autumnal Hypnagogia – How to touch the sun, reach for the stars, open your heart, follow your dreams!
- Puzzled? A JigSaw Mind Twister – “You Can Never Lick Cake”
- Eat This: Be Happy – 6 Super Mood Boosters
- #OneWord Thursday: 13 #Synchronistic Happenings, Meaningful Coincidences, Cubic Centimeters of Chance