Our Lady of Weight Loss presents the
10 Commandments of Permanent Fat Removal …
… because it is her mission to make weight loss fun.
Our Lady of Weight Loss hopes that you will smile, laugh and lighten up, particularly in these very serious times. She can’t think of anything more delicious than a side-splitting belly laugh. Can you? Surely laughter is one of God’s greatest gifts!
In addition to adding a spiritual (yes, laughter is spiritual) slice of the pie to weight loss, 15 minutes of laughter per day over one year can lead to a 4.5 lbs. weight loss!
Humor and laughter can help to: activate the will to live, lower stress, elevate mood, improve brain functioning, reduce risk of heart disease, strokes, arthritis and ulcers, dissolve anger, burn calories, and exercise muscles.
Once even one sugar-cube of joy is set into motion, a number of positive physical effects take place. And without humor, your thought processes are likely to get crazy-glued to some narrowly focused corner of your brain, leading to increased distress and weight gain.
Laughing at ourselves helps to shed light on our dietary transgressions, proving them not to be the derailing events that we think they are. Humor changes the ways we think and offers a lighter perspective.
10 Commandments of Permanent Fat Removal
1. Thou shalt honor and believe in thyself.
2. Thou shalt move thy booty. Move it and move it some more.
3. Thou shalt never go hungry again. Eat small meals and healthy snacks throughout the day.
4. Thou shalt stock the fridge with the right stuff – the fruits and vegetables of the earth, the melba toast of men who walked before us.
5. Thou shalt honestly write it down. If you bite it, you must write it.
6. Thou shalt weigh and measure thyself and thy food.
7. Thou shalt drink enough Holy Water to frighten Noah and map out all the restrooms in thy village.
8. Thou shalt not deny thyself a treat or two now and then.
9. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s plate.
10. Thou shalt not eat out of misery, boredom, anxiety … but should they over-indulge, forgive thyself immediately. All Is Forgiven, Move On!
Spread the word … NOT the icing!
Required Reading:Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal an OPRAH BOOK CLUB pick: Summer 2009 – Buy NOW!
Write Janice Taylor, Weight Loss Coach, Certified Hypnotist, Author and 50-pound big-time-loser for an introductory one-on-one coaching session.