As the temperature cools down, and the leaves turn from green to orange, red and yellow, my kitchen comes alive. The pots and pans start humming, and sweet, tart, and tasty aromas fill the air promising and delivering great comfort. Autumn is time to cozy up.
Here are my favorite warm, healthy, filling, and comforting autumn recipes, which by the way, are all Our Lady of Weight Loss approved. I’m determined to keep those 50 pounds that I lost seven years ago LOST! I don’t plan on finding them anytime soon, no matter how much comfort food I crave.
My autumn mantra is: cozy, comfy…and healthy. Bon appétit!
10 Healthy Autumnal Yummy Tummy Recipes:
Leeky Chicken Soup
“Grandma’s New Age Penicillin.”
Fun Factoid: Hippocrates, the father of medicine, prescribed the leek as a cure for nosebleeds.
2 tablespoons olive oil
10 medium leeks, trimmed, sliced, and well-washed (approx. 2 cups)
2 large baking potatoes, grated
2 medium carrots, grated
1 bunch parsley, chopped
8 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth (There are some great brands now that are organic and low-sodium.)
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Heat the oil in a 6-quart pot over medium heat.
2. Add the leeks, potatoes and carrots.
3. Sauté until softened, 5 to 10 minutes. (If you feel that you need more oil, try adding a bit of water instead.)
4. Add the parsley, broth, salt, and pepper.
5. Bring to a boil.
6. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered for about 40 minutes or until tender.
Hungry for the full 10 recipes? From soup to nuts, yum!
Spread the word (NOT the icing!),
Follow Janice on Twitter and/or Facebook!
Required Reading:Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal an OPRAH BOOK CLUB pick: Summer 2009 – Buy NOW!
Join the Our Lady of Weight Loss’s Kick in the Tush Club: Beliefnet Chapter.
Write Janice Taylor, Weight Loss Coach, Certified Hypnotist, Author and 50-pound big-time-loser for an introductory one-on-one coaching session.
Visit Our Lady of Weight Loss.
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- Dysfunctional Chef Does It AGAIN! Curried Carrots on Couscous
- Coach Yourself Thin: What STOPS YOU???
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: Excuses, Excuses?
- Click Yourself Thin: Say Goodbye to Your Last Temptation?
- Dysfunctional Chef: Spinach Spoon Bread
- #OneWord Thursday: #Winter Blues?
- Best Weight Loss Tip: 20 Minutes Heaven or Hell…You Decide!
- Kick Tush Tuesday: The Skinny Scoop on Laughter
- Beliefnet Feature: Fire Within — 8 Positive Things YOU Can Do In 30 Seconds
- #OneWord Thursday: How to #Survive!