Are you sinking fast? Is your motivation, enthusiasm and energy coming to a screeching halt? As you blood sugar starts its downward spiral, your body clock slowly shifts into its natural lull.
You are tempted to stick your hand into the ubiquitous bowl of office candy, grab a soda or a cup of coffee or even hit the vending machines, aren’t you? Candy, cookies, chips, oh my!
These are “empty calorie foods”. Foods that contain few or no nutrients, but still have calories. They’re laden with sugar, salt and fat! At best, you’ll get a temporary jolt.
What to do?
Instead … choose a snack that is designed to get your blood sugar on track and send you happily into high gear once again. Remember, snacks aren’t meant to “fill you up,” but rather to help you to be “not hungry.”
Peanut butter on a rice cake – YUM! Measure out one tablespoon of peanut butter and carefully and evenly spread it over two rice cakes. If possible, toast the rice cakes. They are transformed from Styrofoam to an exotic, crunchy treat.
Whole grain cereal with low-fat milk – Buy some miniboxes of healthy cereals to keep on hand with a half cup of low-fat milk.
Baby carrots and hummus – Measure out two tablespoons of hummus on a pretty, small plate. Then artistically arrange some carrots around it and dip away. Double dip if you like!
Here’s a list of other snacks that travel well:
Applesauce (individual containers)
How to you pull yourself out of your afternoon slump?
Please share your secrets!
More healthy tips, recipes and secrets:
Eat More: Weigh Less
Sinful Summer Recipes
Recession proof foods!
Spread the word, not the icing!
Follow Janice on Twitter and/or Facebook!
Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal an OPRAH BOOK CLUB pick: Summer 2009 – Buy NOW!
Join the Our Lady of Weight Loss’s Kick in the Tush Club: Beliefnet Chapter.
Write Janice Taylor, Health & Wellness Coach, Certified Hypnotist, Author and 50-pound big-time-loser for an introductory one-on-one coaching session.
Visit Our Lady of Weight Loss.
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- 15 Halloween Quotes: Lick Something Sweet, Laugh Like a Witch, Zuk Blood
- Double Feature: Sweet Surrender Guide to Halloween and No Sugar Halloween Treats
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: Halloween, Primary Point of Entry to the Holiday Season?
- Puzzled? Dark, Dangerous, Spooktacular Bats!
- Eat This: Be Smart – You Don’t Have to Be Einstein Tuna Casserole
- #OneWord Thursday: 13 (a baker’s dozen) Quotes to Ignite Your #Inner-Child
- Our Lady of Weight Loss’s A Baker’s Dozen: Thirteen Ways to Reward Yourself at the End of a Hard Day as you Revel in the Glory of Your Greatness!
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: Turnips, Weight Loss Handicaps and Gym Bunnies?
- Puzzled? She Pulled a Rabbit Out of Her Hat?
- Eat This: Be Happy – Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Nachos