Drop Dead Diva, starring the uber-talented and lovely Brooke Elliott, premiered on Lifetime last night, and let me say right up front, this Beliefnet.com blogger LOVED IT! I mean, who doesn’t love a good transformation! The Premise: Deb, a blonde, size 0, vapid, aspiring model crashes her top-down sports car into a truck that is transporting oranges. The visual of Deb and her car buried in thousands of oranges adds a colorful and ‘light’ touch to her death.That’s right – Deb dies, and through divine intervention (they should have brought Our Lady of Weight Loss in on this one), she is transported into smart, giving, kind lawyer Jane’s size 16, frumpy body. It’s 2 cups of Freaky Friday, plus 3 cups Legally Blonde with a shake of Heaven Can Wait and a pinch of Hairspray (the fat girl ultimately wins the guy).And sure, just as you would expect, Drop Dead Diva utilizes the lame idea that all size 16 girls are smart, frumpy and kind (NOT!) and all size 0 girls are shallow, mean and dumb (NOT!), to establish a plot line. I don’t think the show will ultimately change how people feel about being ‘fat,’ nor do I think the show is going to create a donut shortage (although I confess that plate that was calling out to Jane was whispering my name, too), or an increase in gym memberships (wow, did you see the tone and definition in Jane’s clients’ arms?). Drop Dead Diva, at its heart is charming, ‘light’ comic fare – a romanic chick-flick-series if ever there was one. Escapism, fun, and fashion friendly.Celebrity Weight Central:Rebecca Romijn: 60 pounds gone?Kirstie & Oprah: Stuck in a fat suit?Is Oprah Hypnotizing YOU?Spread the word, not the icing!Janice——————————————————Follow Janice on Twitter and/or Facebook! Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal an OPRAH BOOK CLUB pick: Summer 2009 – Buy NOW!Join the Our Lady of Weight Loss’s Kick in the Tush Club: Beliefnet Chapter.Write Janice Taylor, Health & Wellness Coach, Certified Hypnotist, Author and 50-pound big-time-loser for an introductory one-on-one coaching session. Visit Our Lady of Weight Loss.
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- 15 Halloween Quotes: Lick Something Sweet, Laugh Like a Witch, Zuk Blood
- Double Feature: Sweet Surrender Guide to Halloween and No Sugar Halloween Treats
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: Halloween, Primary Point of Entry to the Holiday Season?
- Puzzled? Dark, Dangerous, Spooktacular Bats!
- Eat This: Be Smart – You Don’t Have to Be Einstein Tuna Casserole
- #OneWord Thursday: 13 (a baker’s dozen) Quotes to Ignite Your #Inner-Child
- Our Lady of Weight Loss’s A Baker’s Dozen: Thirteen Ways to Reward Yourself at the End of a Hard Day as you Revel in the Glory of Your Greatness!
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: Turnips, Weight Loss Handicaps and Gym Bunnies?
- Puzzled? She Pulled a Rabbit Out of Her Hat?
- Eat This: Be Happy – Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Nachos