I had a most amusing and enlightening conversation with my husband just last night that I’d like to share with you!
Peter is away at ‘meditation camp’ (that’s what I call it). While talking last night (via telephone), one word led to another and he challenged me to stay aware for 10 seconds. To sit, be with my breath, and count each breath -1, 2 and so on – until I got to 10; and then do it again and again, once more. Three rounds of ten. Follow me?
I responded with great enthusiasm, “You are on! As soon as we hang up, I am going to sit, breathe, be one with my self, count each breath, in and out, 1 to 10 and then again and again.”
This morning, 14 hours later, Our Lady of Weight Loss reminded me that I’d forgotten to remember to breathe. That’s right. With the dial tone so went my awareness. Clearly, I’m not as conscious and aware a person as I thought I was! (LOL at myself).
However, the entire breathing incident did remind both Our Lady of Weight Loss and me that you can actually breathe away the pounds!
Here’s how it works.
Our weight depends on a complicated blend of variables – from how much we move (exercise), to what we eat, how much we eat, how we feel about ourselves, to hereditary factors.
Our weight is even linked to how we breathe.
1. Affect our metabolism.
2. Affect the quantity of food we ingest.
3. Make us feel better mentally, physically & emotionally.
4. Calm us.
5. Release endorphins, which help us to feel happy.
6. Enhance our appearance.
7. Make us feel instantly stronger and thinner.
8. Revitalize and energize every cell in our bodies.
9. Increase our energy level.
All of this can aid our weight loss effort. Healthy breathing helps us maintain the right balance of oxygen and carbon dioxide in our cells, which has a favorable impact on our metabolism.
Instead of stuffing down your feelings with food, breathe.
It’s natural. It’s free. And it’s easy. The trick of it is to remember to do it.
Simple and powerful ways to feel and look better:
Feeling blue? Need a lift?
4 Simple Ways to Say YES to Life
Emotional Eating: 3 Step Cure
Spread the word … NOT the icing,
Follow Janice on Twitter:
Janice Taylor is a Life & Wellness Coach, specializing in weight loss, reinvention, transformation & happiness, author, seminar leader and 50-pound-BIG-Time-LOSER! Write Janice for an Introductory Coaching Session.
For more motivation and inspiration, join the Kick in the Tush Club: Beliefnet Chapter.
Pick up a copy of Janice’s latest: All Is Forgiven, Move ON ~ Our Lady of Weight Loss’s 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville!
“Janice Taylor is a certain kind of kooky genius ~ see if her idiosyncratic diet plan will work for you.” ~ O, The Oprah Magazine
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- #OneWord Thursday: 10 Quotes to Fearlessly Move Into the #Unknown
- Best Weight Loss Tips: Are You Okay? Really?
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: Just How Negative Are You?
- Eat This: Lose Weight – Zucchini, Chickpea Salad
- #OneWord Thursday: 11 #Cousins Day Quotes
- Tasty Tidbit: How to Measure Success?
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: Are Alien Forces Force Feeding You?
- Puzzled? How to Pet a Puppy…on National Eat Junk Day???
- Eat This: Lose Weight – Cucumber Noodles and Feta Salad
- #OneWord Thursday: Do you have the courage to #Dream?