Feeling stressed? Depressed? Overweight? Help is on the way! Janice Taylor, Beliefnet blogger brings word to you from the far side … Australia!
A new Queensland University of Technology study suggests that breathing can be a highly effective alternative to drugs when treating anxiety and depression.
As we know, anxiety and depression often lead to emotional eating, which results in weight gain! Researchers explain: In response to stress and trauma, people tend to hold their breath which reduces Serotonin production in the brain! Serotonin is known as the ‘happy neurotransmitter’ as it helps to regulate or moods.
1. Affect our metabolism.
2. Affect the quantity of food we ingest.
3. Make us feel better mentally, physically & emotionally.
4. Calm us.
5. Release endorphins, which help us to feel happy.
6. Enhance our appearance.
7. Make us feel instantly stronger and thinner.
8. Revitalize and energize every cell in our bodies.
9. Increase our energy level.
Breathing has the power to lift our spirits, and aid in our weight loss efforts. Healthy breathing helps us maintain the right balance of oxygen and carbon dioxide in our cells, which has a favorable impact on our metabolism and our moods!
Jon Kabat-Zinn, University of Massachusetts Memorial Health Care Center, says “Every breath, actually, is a release not only of air, but all the pent-up energy in the body. Every in-breath can be restoration or revitalization, and every out-breath a letting-go of anxiety or anger or tension or irritability.”
Dr. Andrew Weill offers some simple breathing techniques.
More on breathing it away:
7 Ways to Chant, Pray and Breathe It Away!
Feeling Blue? A Mood Lift
Oprah’s Book Club! Fill up on great reading!
Spread the word … NOT the icing,
Follow Janice on Twitter and/or Facebook!
Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal an OPRAH BOOK CLUB pick: Summer 2009 – Buy NOW!
Join the Our Lady of Weight Loss’s Kick in the Tush Club: Beliefnet Chapter.
Write Janice Taylor, Health & Wellness Coach, Certified Hypnotist, Author and 50-pound big-time-loser for an introductory one-on-one coaching session.
Visit Our Lady of Weight Loss.
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- 10 Simple Steps: How to Survive a Tough Day
- End the Madness: Create a Better _____ ?
- Motivational Musing: Yes? Yes! Yes?
- Motivational Monday: The Psychology of Body Esteem
- Coach Yourself Thinnish: Expect a Miracle
- Click Yourself Thinnish: Dogs Listen, do you?
- Jean Nidetch, founder Weight Watchers, Dies at 91
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: Showing Up Matters!
- Puzzled? How to Wear a Tomato
- #OneWord Thursday: #Sunrise – Wake Up Already!!!