It has been a week of loss. Michael Jackson died, as did Farrah Fawcett. And, on the Beliefnet.com home front, Holly Rossi, lost her fascinating grandmother, GaGa.
Holly’s heartfelt and eloquent piece, posted in her blog Fresh Living, touched me on multiple levels. I love that she called her grandmother GaGa, and while GaGa wasn’t the typical cookie baking grandma, she did turn out a mean Osso Bucco, and she was committed to wearing deep red lipstick. A woman after my own heart. Holly sweetly brought GaGa to life.
Holly encouraged us to remember our families, loved ones, those who have come and gone. And so I did. I stopped and sat and remembered … my brother who died two short years ago from Pancreatic cancer, my father who left us a few days after September 11. The word loss floated before me.
The dictionary meaning of loss is “to be deprived of something or someone.” It is a failure to keep or get something valued.
I now know that there is no loss in death, because we were left a treasure that has lasting power. Let us remember all that we have gained this week. All the magic, the song, the dance, the movies, the books, the smiles and the angels.
Visit Holly’s GaGa and leave a note of rememberance.
Michael Jackson: A piece of the puzzle.
Michael Jackson: The complexity of being human.
In Need of Comfort Food?
Spread the word … NOT the icing,
Follow Janice on Twitter and/or Facebook!
Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal an OPRAH BOOK CLUB pick: Summer 2009 – Buy NOW!
Join the Our Lady of Weight Loss’s Kick in the Tush Club: Beliefnet Chapter.
Write Janice Taylor, Health & Wellness Coach, Certified Hypnotist, Author and 50-pound big-time-loser for an introductory one-on-one coaching session.
Visit Our Lady of Weight Loss.
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- Thanksgiving Food News: THE TOP 20 U.S. STATES THAT LOVE GREEN-BEAN CASSEROLE
- 26 Thanksgiving Quotes — After a good dinner one can forgive anybody, even one’s own relations.
- SAY WHAT? Student Refuses To Be Weighed; Sent to Principal
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: How to Lose 10 Pounds in 3 Minutes?
- Puzzled? A Sinfully Satisfying Thanksgiving Guide!
- Thanksgiving QUIZ: How Ill-Mannered Are YOU?
- Peeved! OLD NAVY CHARGES MORE FOR PLUS-SIZE CLOTHES!
- Eat This: Lose Weight – Hot off The Griddle Banana, Peanut Butter Sandwich
- #OneWord Thursday: #Reality Can Be Beaten With Enough Imagination.
- You Cannot Hate Yourself This, Can You?