Haiku, a traditional form of Japanese poetry, is a 17-syllable verse form consisting of three metrical units of 5, 7, and 5 syllables. In Japanese, this convention is a must, but in English, which has variation in the length of syllables, this can sometimes be difficult.
In other words, do your best.
Weight Loss Haikus help to melt away the pounds, because your mind is so occupied with the 5, 7, 5 thing, there’s absolutely no room for food to enter the picture. And, dig it, thinking is an energy consuming activity!
1 hour of thinking, sitting or standing burns 110 calories!
Here follows one of my favorite Weight Loss Haikus (by me :). I worked for hours and hours and melted at least 1/4 pound of excess weight on this one!
Celery and dip
Over my lips. A clean crunch.
Like Eating Water
Please comment and post your Weight Loss Haikus below!
How many calories did you burn thinking?
Need more Mental Swabbing?
How about some Mental Fitness?
Spread the POETIC word … NOT the icing,
Janice Taylor is a Life & Wellness Coach, specializing in weight loss, reinvention, transformation & happiness, author, seminar leader and 50-pound-BIG-Time-LOSER! Write Janice for an Introductory Coaching Session.
For more motivation and inspiration, join the Kick in the Tush Club: Beliefnet Chapter.
Pick up a copy of Janice’s latest: All Is Forgiven, Move ON ~ Our Lady of Weight Loss’s 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville!
“Janice Taylor is a certain kind of kooky genius ~ see if her idiosyncratic diet plan will work for you.” ~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Follow Janice on Twitter:
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- Play CLICK Away the Pounds! Christmas Merriment?
- Eat This: Lose Weight – Chick Pea Curry
- #OneWord Thursday: 9 Simple But Not Easy Quotes to Chew On This Holiday Season
- Chewing the Fat: What’s Your Worst Thing Ever?
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: 2015 – Manifesting Your Dreams
- Click Yourself Thin: Happy and Delicious Weight Loss
- Cooking Up a Healthy Storm: Christmas Carrot Risotto
- #OneWord Thursday: An Invitation to Lower Your #Expectations
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: Out of Control? You are not alone…
- Holiday Puzzle? Happiness Served Up Simple and Plentiful