Haiku, a traditional form of Japanese poetry, is a 17-syllable verse form consisting of three metrical units of 5, 7, and 5 syllables. In Japanese, this convention is a must, but in English, which has variation in the length of syllables, this can sometimes be difficult.
In other words, do your best.
Weight Loss Haikus help to melt away the pounds, because your mind is so occupied with the 5, 7, 5 thing, there’s absolutely no room for food to enter the picture. And, dig it, thinking is an energy consuming activity!
1 hour of thinking, sitting or standing burns 110 calories!
Here follows one of my favorite Weight Loss Haikus (by me :). I worked for hours and hours and melted at least 1/4 pound of excess weight on this one!
Celery and dip
Over my lips. A clean crunch.
Like Eating Water
Please comment and post your Weight Loss Haikus below!
How many calories did you burn thinking?
Need more Mental Swabbing?
How about some Mental Fitness?
Spread the POETIC word … NOT the icing,
Janice Taylor is a Life & Wellness Coach, specializing in weight loss, reinvention, transformation & happiness, author, seminar leader and 50-pound-BIG-Time-LOSER! Write Janice for an Introductory Coaching Session.
For more motivation and inspiration, join the Kick in the Tush Club: Beliefnet Chapter.
Pick up a copy of Janice’s latest: All Is Forgiven, Move ON ~ Our Lady of Weight Loss’s 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville!
“Janice Taylor is a certain kind of kooky genius ~ see if her idiosyncratic diet plan will work for you.” ~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Follow Janice on Twitter:
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: Are Alien Forces Force Feeding You?
- Puzzled? How to Pet a Puppy…on National Eat Junk Day???
- Eat This: Lose Weight – Cucumber Noodles and Feta Salad
- #OneWord Thursday: Do you have the courage to #Dream?
- 70 Wants: Tell Me What YOU Want
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: Do You Suffer from Confirmatory Bias Disorder?
- Puzzled? Coffee First, Bastille Day to Follow!
- Eat This : Lose Weight – A Lip-Smackin’ Side of Israeli CousCous
- #OneWord Thursday: 9 #Possibility Quotes that Shatter and Transform
- The Iceberg Metaphor: How Deep Does Your Fat Go?