Dramatically Increase Your Ability to Survive Swine Flu
Avoid airplanes, subways, confined spaces and BOOST YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM!!!
Imagine that your immune system is your own personal army. Your troops guard against attacks from ‘alien’ forces, and they defend against invaders. If we ignore, abandon or mistreat this system, it weakens.
However, when we take care of our personal army, when we keep the troops happy, energized, and performing at their peak, we can boost our immune system and our chances of staying healthy are increased dramatically.
How to Defend Against Swine Flu and Boost Your Immune System
1. SLEEP DEPRIVED NATION – The body rejuvenates and strengthens itself when it is at rest. For the most part, we require approximately 8 to 10 hours per night. Sleep has been linked to balanced hormone levels (including human growth hormone and the stress hormone, cortisol). The right amount of sleep can help to keep weight down, clear thinking and reasoning, improved mood, and vibrant, healthy skin.
Specifically with regard to our immune system, a study published in the journal Seminars in Clinicial Neuropsychiatry indicates that “significant detrimental effects of immune functioning can be seen after a few days of total sleep deprivation or even several days of just partial sleep deprivation.” Get your zzz’s!
2. WATER, WATER, WATER – Staying hydrated can alleviate headaches, alleviate depression, hydrate skin – keep you youthful and happy! AND … Water flushes the body of toxins! You should be drinking daily, your body weight in pounds, divided by two = number of ounces of water per day.
3. ELIMINATE REFINED WHITE SUGAR. If you really want to boost your immune system, experts suggest that you eliminate sugar. Your energy levels will improve, your weight distribution will change, you will think more clearly, have less cravings, and your immune system will be strengthen … dramatically!
4. FILL UP YOUR PLATE (and YOU) with Fruits and Veggies! The nutritional value that you receive from raw fruits and vegetables is unparalleled. Their vitamins (with an emphasis on Vitamins A and C), phyto-chemicals that give fruits and veggies their color and antioxidants protect cells against environmental toxins and give your immune function a real big boost!
5. TEA TIME. Green tea is a rich source of a type of antioxidant called a catechin. Preliminary research has found that a specific catechin called epigallocatechin gallate (egcg), may give the beverage antigen-fighting abilities. In other words, it may well boost your immune system.
6. INGEST FRIENDLY BACTERIA. Foods that contain probiotics, bacteria that stimulate immunity cells in the gastrointestinal tract, are found in yogurt or kefir drink. One drink per day may well keep infections away! Make sure that you look for yogurt (or kefir) that contains ‘live active cultures.’
7. STRESS-LESS. Our bodies respond to our emotions, to stress and upset, to feeling anxious or harassed and can manifest a cold, sore throat or more. Do create a space within yourself, within your physical environment (home or office) in which you can relax, calm down, take in a deep breath and let it go.
8. SHAKE IT! Exercise makes our body stronger, it increases the circulation of blood and nutrients, and it helps flush the body of toxins.
More Immune Boosting Info:
Swine Flu: Avoid It Like the Plague
Will the Flu Kill You?
Failure Is NOT An Option!
Spread the ‘flu-fightin‘ word … NOT the icing!
Our Lady of Weight Loss En”LIGHT”ens @ Omega Institute for Holistic Studies
Follow Janice on Twitter:
Janice Taylor is a Life & Wellness Coach, specializing in weight loss, reinvention, transformation & happiness, author, seminar leader and 50-pound-BIG-Time-LOSER! Write Janice for an Introductory Coaching Session.
For more motivation and inspiration, join the Kick in the Tush Club: Beliefnet Chapter.
Pick up a copy of Janice’s latest: All Is Forgiven, Move ON ~ Our Lady of Weight Loss’s 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville!
“Janice Taylor is a certain kind of kooky genius ~ see if her idiosyncratic diet plan will work for you.” ~ O, The Oprah Magazine