When we are energized, feeling good, hydrated, smiling and breathing in the poetry of life, we are less likely to gravitate towards food as a form of self-medication and more likely to open up to living la vida feliz … The Happy Life.
Here follows four sure-fire ways to get your energy on the rise and get you to living life happy.
1. BREATHE. Ever see a baby breathe? You will see that their stomach rises and falls with each breath. They are filling their lungs with oxygen and oxygenating their body. You cannot receive sufficient oxygen with shallow breaths; you must breathe deeply. Breathe like a baby!
2. DRINK WATER. We are mostly water. Between 60% and 70% of our body weight is water; our brains are 75% water. Imagine how dried up your thinking is without water? Your skin? Wrinkle city!!! Your intestinal track? Can anything glide through it??? A deficiency of water can alter the concentration of electrolytes such as sodium, potassium, and chloride. Water has a profound effect on brain function and energy levels!
Drink at least half your body weight in ounces of fresh water daily! I know that you think you’ll have to stop at every bathroom from here to Timbuktu, but not true. Your body will adjust rather quickly and happily!
3. CLEAR YOUR CLUTTER. There seems to be a correlation between physical clutter, mental clutter and body clutter. Your messy, disorganized space is a mirror of your mind and it will drain your energy. It will either consciously or unconsciously frazzle you!
Often we say we are going to clean up all in one day and we don’t, because it is overwhelming! Try dedicating 15 minutes per day to clearing your space. Set a timer and get going!
4. TAKE IN THE SUN RAYS. According to a Harvard University study, taking in sunlight first thing will have a positive impact on the retina that leads to better focus and energy production in the brain. If you live in an area that is not producing bright sunlight every morning, it might be a good idea to invest in a bright indoor light.
Or … make sure you sit near a window for 20 minutes during the day.
Feeling great? Woo Hoo!
Links for YOU: Looking for even more energy and happiness? Profound Paths to Health, Healing and Happiness
10 Tips: Happiness Centered Weight Loss
Spread the word … NOT the icing,
Janice Taylor is a Life & Happiness Coach, specializing in weight loss, reinvention, transformation & happiness, author, seminar leader and 50-pound-BIG-Time-LOSER! Write Janice for an Introductory Coaching Session.
Sign-Up for THE FILL UP ON HAPPINESS e-DIET program
For more motivation and inspiration, join the Kick in the Tush Club: Beliefnet Chapter.
Pick up a copy of Janice’s latest: All Is Forgiven, Move ON ~ Our Lady of Weight Loss’s 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville!
“Janice Taylor is a certain kind of kooky genius ~ see if her idiosyncratic diet plan will work for you.” ~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Follow Janice on Twitter:
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- #OneWord Thursday: 10 Quotes to Fearlessly Move Into the #Unknown
- Best Weight Loss Tips: Are You Okay? Really?
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: Just How Negative Are You?
- Eat This: Lose Weight – Zucchini, Chickpea Salad
- #OneWord Thursday: 11 #Cousins Day Quotes
- Tasty Tidbit: How to Measure Success?
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: Are Alien Forces Force Feeding You?
- Puzzled? How to Pet a Puppy…on National Eat Junk Day???
- Eat This: Lose Weight – Cucumber Noodles and Feta Salad
- #OneWord Thursday: Do you have the courage to #Dream?