It’s official!!! I have 1,001 friends! AMAZING!!!
True – many of my new friends are ‘virtual’ friends; people with whom I communicate on-line and not necessarily in person. Nevertheless, a friend is a friend, and I am grateful to call each and every one of these 1,001 Beliefnet members my friend!
That beautiful quote says it all. It’s just how I feel about all of you. You are there! I might not see you, but when I need you, or want to share a funny moment or interesting thought, you are there! And I thank you for that!!!
I shared this amazing news with one of my best friends (an invisible friend at that!), Our Lady of Weight Loss, and she suggested I share some of the following “friend-making” tips with you!
1. Be Yourself. As Oscar Wilde says, “Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.” Each and everyone of us has our unique qualities, style of dress, way of being. Celebrate You! Share the Real You! In person and on-line!
2. Smile. This one may sound simple, but if you give off an ‘approachable vibe’ (virtual or live), you may find that more and more people are miraculously and mysteriously – approaching you!
3. Surround Yourself with Positive People! Often, negative people will just weigh you down and sap your energy. Be kind, but steer clear of those who are dragging you down.
4. Say Hello. I understand that it may be a stretch for those of us who are shy, but best to get out there and introduce yourself to people. Find a group like the Kick in the Tush Club (on Beliefnet or in your neighborhood) to join! And jump right on to the boards and say “Hey there!” (With a smile on your face.)
5. Speak Kindly. Say nice things about your friends and watch how many more gravitate to you. Again, positivity rules!
Sooooo, if you are my friend, THANKS!!! And if you’re not … let’s be friends! I’m hoping for 2,000 strong!
Links: Tomorrow is Friday the 13th … in honor:
13 Ways to Improve Your Luck
Spread the word … NOT the icing,
Janice Taylor is a Life & Happiness Coach, specializing in weight loss, reinvention, transformation & happiness, author, seminar leader and 50-pound-BIG-Time-LOSER! Write Janice for an Introductory Coaching Session.
Sign-Up for THE FILL UP ON HAPPINESS e-DIET program
For more motivation and inspiration, join the Kick in the Tush Club: Beliefnet Chapter.
Pick up a copy of Janice’s latest: All Is Forgiven, Move ON ~ Our Lady of Weight Loss’s 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville!
“Janice Taylor is a certain kind of kooky genius ~ see if her idiosyncratic diet plan will work for you.” ~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Follow Janice on Twitter: