Today’s jiggy jigsaw puzzle is inspired by St. Patrick’s Day! And the puzzle is complete with a green, St. Patty’s inspired diet recipe. More to come!
(Turkey) Bacon and Cabbage Soup (original recipe called for Irish Bacon, but hey, this is from Our Lady of Weight Loss!!!)
Ingredients: 1/2 pound Turkey bacon, diced * 2 large potatoes, peeled and cubed * 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice * 1 cup low-fat chicken stock * Salt and black pepper to taste * 2 cups thinly sliced dark green Savoy cabbage leaves
DIRECTIONS: Place turkey bacon in a large, deep saucepan. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. * Stir in potatoes, tomatoes, and enough chicken stock to cover. * Season with salt and pepper. * Bring to a boil, reduce heat and let simmer for 20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. * Stir in cabbage and allow the soup to simmer for a few minutes longer before serving.
Click for Beliefnet’s newest gallery: 13 ways to improve your luck.
Spread the word … NOT the icing!
Janice Taylor is a Life & Wellness Coach, specializing in weight loss, reinvention, transformation & happiness, author, seminar leader and 50-pound-BIG-Time-LOSER! Write Janice for an Introductory Coaching Session.
For more motivation and inspiration, join the Kick in the Tush Club: Beliefnet Chapter.
Pick up a copy of Janice’s latest: All Is Forgiven, Move ON ~ Our Lady of Weight Loss’s 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville!
“Janice Taylor is a certain kind of kooky genius ~ see if her idiosyncratic diet plan will work for you.” ~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Follow Janice on Twitter:
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- How to EAT (until sated), DRINK (in moderation), and BE GRATEFUL (in excess).
- Cellulite Barbie Has Arrived and she loves her inner chubby child?
- Thanksgiving Food News: THE TOP 20 U.S. STATES THAT LOVE GREEN-BEAN CASSEROLE
- 26 Thanksgiving Quotes — After a good dinner one can forgive anybody, even one’s own relations.
- SAY WHAT? Student Refuses To Be Weighed; Sent to Principal
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: How to Lose 10 Pounds in 3 Minutes?
- Puzzled? A Sinfully Satisfying Thanksgiving Guide!
- Thanksgiving QUIZ: How Ill-Mannered Are YOU?
- Peeved! OLD NAVY CHARGES MORE FOR PLUS-SIZE CLOTHES!
- Eat This: Lose Weight – Hot off The Griddle Banana, Peanut Butter Sandwich