I am in the midst of putting my St. Valentine’s menu together. It’s loaded with aphrodisiacs!!! Caviar being one of them, which led me to an amazing Deviled Eggs recipe (topped with caviar). (See below).
The instructions warned that one must hard boil their eggs correctly! Correctly??? You mean you don’t just boil them. It’s more complicated than that??? My head is spinning …
… And I’m guessing that if I didn’t know how to correctly boil an egg that there are two or three others out there who are in the dark as well. So for those of us who are not gourmets, who thought all you had to do was toss an egg in boiling water and wait for it to get hard …
… here follows some hard boiled vital information on how to boil an egg – followed by a fab recipe and information on the whys and wherefores of caviar as an aphrodisiac!
HOW TO HARD BOIL AN EGG THE CORRECT WAY:
1. Do NOT use fresh eggs!!! They are difficult to peel. It’s best to use eggs that are near their expiration date.
2. To help center the yolks in the egg, be sure to store your eggs on their sides in the fridge for approximately 12 hours. Easy enough to do. Just seal your egg crate up with tape and turn it on its side.
3. Take eggs out of the fridge (no longer on their side) and bring to room temperature. They must be room temperature and if you take them straight from the fridge, you can run warm water over them for a minute or two.
4. Place eggs in a single layer in a pan with enough cold water to cover eggs. Bring water to boil, remove from heat, cover tightly with a lid, and leave eggs for 17 minutes.
5. Place eggs under running cold water to cool quickly. This is also known as ‘coddling.’ This will help prevent discoloration of the yolk and will also help to make the peeling process run more smoothly!
6. If you don’t consume your hard boiled eggs within a few hours, do refrigerate. And note that hard boiled eggs IN THE SHELL can be refrigerated up to one week only!
ST. VALENTINE’S CAVIAR and EGGS!
Ingredients: 8 hard-cooked eggs * 6 Tablespoons caviar (red or black) * 1 Tablespoon chopped chives or green onions * 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise (reduced calorie) * 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard * 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Preparation: Shell the hard-boiled eggs, cut them in halves, and remove the yolks. * Mash the yolks well and combine with caviar, mayonnaise, chives, mustard, and pepper. * When it is thoroughly whipped together, heap it into the whites with a spoon * Put a little dollop of caviar on the top of each egg. I like to alternate black caviar and red!
CAVIAR: An Aphrodisiac
Caviar stimulates the formation of testosterone, maintaining male functionality! . People believe that it can nourish and enhance nerve cells, hence an extremely heightened romantic instincts.
Get ready for a steamy night!!
More St. Valentine’s recipes to come! Enjoy!!!
Spread the word … NOT the icing!
Janice Taylor is a Life & Happiness Coach, author, seminar leader and 50-pound-BIG-Time-LOSER! Write Janice for an Introductory Coaching Session.
For more motivation and inspiration, join the Kick in the Tush Club: Beliefnet Chapter.
Pick up a copy of Janice’s latest: All Is Forgiven, Move ON ~ Our Lady of Weight Loss’s 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville!
” . . . . kooky genius ~ see if her idiosyncratic diet plan will work for you.” ~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Follow Janice on Twitter:
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- Take a Bach Break. Lose Weight… Sometimes it’s just that simple!
- Morning Chew: The Epictetus Cure
- Weighty Confession: Pass the Yankee Doodle
- From Fidgeting to Fornicating: 8 Ways to Burn 100 Calories
- VLOG: Travel Weight Loss 101: 9 Travel Tips from Our Lady of Weight Loss
- Self-Care : Selfish? Self-Indulgent? Necessary?
- #Imperfectionism vs. Perfectionism : To Banish Imperfections Is to Destroy Expression
- Listen and Lose !!! Sometimes it’s just that simple …
- 10 Simple Steps: How to Survive a Tough Day
- End the Madness: Create a Better _____ ?