People often ask me, “How do you do it all?” To which I respond, “What makes you think I do it all? I don’t. I can’t remember the last time I cleaned, for goodness sake.”
Here’s how to clear your calendar! Draw a line down the center of a piece of paper. On one side of the paper write ‘to do’ list, and then on the other side of the page write ‘not to do.’ Now, write out all you have to do on the to do side of the page. We really do have ridiculously long ‘to do’ lists, don’t we?
Here comes the fun part! Take a good look at your ‘to do’ list and take anything on it that someone else could do for you and move it to your ‘not to do’ list. For instance, take the laundry. Either find someone else in the house who is capable of tossing it into the washer and drier to do the laundry or send it out. Is food shopping taking up too much of your precious time? Order on-line or call-in a standing delivery to your neighborhood grocery store. Cleaning? Forgetaboutit. I’m lucky. My husband has a much lower tolerance to mess than I do. I can count on him to clean up!
Lighten Your Load. Write out your Not to Do List today and get ‘busy.’
Spread the word … NOT the icing,
Janice Taylor is a Life & Happiness Coach, author, seminar leader and 50-pound-BIG-Time-LOSER! Write Janice for an Introductory Coaching Session.
For more motivation and inspiration, join the Kick in the Tush Club: Beliefnet Chapter.
Pick up a copy of Janice’s latest: All Is Forgiven, Move ON ~ Our Lady of Weight Loss’s 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville!
” . . . . kooky genius ~ see if her idiosyncratic diet plan will work for you.” ~ O, The Oprah Magazine
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- #OneWord Thursday: 13 (a baker’s dozen) Quotes to Ignite Your #Inner-Child
- Our Lady of Weight Loss’s A Baker’s Dozen: Thirteen Ways to Reward Yourself at the End of a Hard Day as you Revel in the Glory of Your Greatness!
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: Turnips, Weight Loss Handicaps and Gym Bunnies?
- Puzzled? She Pulled a Rabbit Out of Her Hat?
- Eat This: Be Happy – Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Nachos
- #OneWord Thursday: 12 Ways to Fuel #Abundance
- A Quick Fix!
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: Autumnal Hypnagogia – How to touch the sun, reach for the stars, open your heart, follow your dreams!
- Puzzled? A JigSaw Mind Twister – “You Can Never Lick Cake”
- Eat This: Be Happy – 6 Super Mood Boosters