Oh Me, Oh My! “IT” came out of NOWHERE … I was feeling absolutely fine one moment and the very next I was overcome with aches, pains, fever, stuffy nose, cough! And I couldn’t remember if I was supposed to feed ‘it’ or starve ‘it.’
So, I crawled into bed with my laptop and a cup of hot tea and asked Our Lady of Weight Loss to give me the strength to do a bit of Internet research. Never mind that I wasn’t hungry – never mind that I had a 101 fever … As any good foodie would do, I searched for permission to FEED this BABY!!! Here’s what I found out!!!
1. GET PLENTY OF REST!!!
… Yahoo!!! Get out your flannel p.j.’s and ‘chill.’
2. DRINK PLENTY OF LIQUIDS …
… Primarily water. Your body cannot function properly without the right amount of water.
… Natural juices.
… Vegetable juices.
… Hot Grapefruit juice (haven’t tried it yet).
3. INCREASE VITAMIN C …
… ‘They’ say that a healthy person should ingest 3,000 to 5,000 mg’s of vitamin C. And there are Vitamin C powders and Vitamin C crystals that you can mix with water! (another way to get the water in). Try 5,000 mg’s or more!!! (Ask your doctor!)
4. KEEP WARM …
… Socks, hats, gloves; even if you’re in bed! It’s okay to look silly. You’ll get more sympathy.
5. ZINC LOZENGERS ...
… Some swear by them and they say that zinc will kill the cold in its tracks.
6. FOOD!!!!!! (Drum roll … here comes the answer to the starve it/feed it question!)
… If you are hungry, eat; If you are NOT hungry, don’t! Soup is a good idea because it’s warm, has plenty of nourishment in it and it’s liquid.
SORRY! Our Lady of Weight Loss did not lead me to even one tiny little article that said that I should stuff myself; eat French fries dipped in Ketchup; order a pizza; eat ice cream or candy. Common sense, once again, prevails.
In the meantime, I have flushed the fever out of me!!!
And here is a link to Fiona Hayes’ recipe for LOW FAT CHICKEN AND RICE SOUP.
You can sign up for her newsletter! Fiona rocks!!!
What do you do when you have a rotten kick-tush cold? How do you stop ‘it’ in its tracks!?!!! Leave comment below.
Spread the word … NOT the icing!
Janice Taylor is a Life & Happiness Coach, author, seminar leader and 50-pound-BIG-Time-LOSER! Write Janice for an Introductory Coaching Session.
For more motivation and inspiration, join the Kick in the Tush Club: Beliefnet Chapter.
Pick up a copy of Janice’s latest: All Is Forgiven, Move ON ~ Our Lady of Weight Loss’s 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville!
” . . . . kooky genius ~ see if her idiosyncratic diet plan will work for you.” ~ O, The Oprah Magazine
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- 15 Halloween Quotes: Lick Something Sweet, Laugh Like a Witch, Zuk Blood
- Double Feature: Sweet Surrender Guide to Halloween and No Sugar Halloween Treats
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: Halloween, Primary Point of Entry to the Holiday Season?
- Puzzled? Dark, Dangerous, Spooktacular Bats!
- Eat This: Be Smart – You Don’t Have to Be Einstein Tuna Casserole
- #OneWord Thursday: 13 (a baker’s dozen) Quotes to Ignite Your #Inner-Child
- Our Lady of Weight Loss’s A Baker’s Dozen: Thirteen Ways to Reward Yourself at the End of a Hard Day as you Revel in the Glory of Your Greatness!
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: Turnips, Weight Loss Handicaps and Gym Bunnies?
- Puzzled? She Pulled a Rabbit Out of Her Hat?
- Eat This: Be Happy – Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Nachos