This morning this Beliefnet WEIGHT LOSS GURU got on the Scales of Injustice and weighed-in 3 pounds UP for no reason. I SWEAR!!! Truly, no reason …
And even though, I know that there is no real reason for this to be happening. (Let me say it again, truly no real reason. I’ve had a cold and have been barely eating!!! … Note the neuroses setting in.)
Even though, I know that it must be water weight, cold weather weight (the wind can make you weigh more), full moon weight … still that nagging voice a.k.a. my “Evil Twin” appeared.
We all have an “Evil Twin” that pops up every so often who says stuff like, “Wow, you’re fat.” “Your face is unbelievably puffy today.” “You may as well eat the entire box of donut holes.”
Would you like to know how to quiet that voice? Or even KILL IT!!! (Sorry to be so violent, but the scale was 3 pounds up!!!)
Step One: Notice where that voice comes from. Do you recognize the voice? Is it your voice or someone else’s voice?
Step Two: Now that you have a clear vision of where that voice is coming from and what it sounds like, let’s change it.
Step Three: Change the voice to either: Donald Duck, Bugs Bunny, or you after having sucked on a balloon filled with helium. To help you come up with a funny voice, check out this video (100 Funny Voices in 5 Minutes.)
Step Four: Add sound effects. I like gongs! Here’s a link to all kinds of free sound effects.
Step Five: Laugh at your Evil Twin, at yourself! Lighten up!!! Seriously now, do you see that we don’t have to be soooo serious? We can laugh at, give new voice to, change the voice of our nagging self … WE CAN laugh it up, while we slim down!!!
How do you handle your Evil Twin? Please let us know!!!
Spread the word … NOT the icing!
Janice Taylor is a Life & Happiness Coach, author, seminar leader and 50-pound-BIG-Time-LOSER! Write Janice for an Introductory Coaching Session.
For more motivation and inspiration, join the Kick in the Tush Club: Beliefnet Chapter.
Pick up a copy of Janice’s latest: All Is Forgiven, Move ON ~ Our Lady of Weight Loss’s 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville!
” . . . . kooky genius ~ see if her idiosyncratic diet plan will work for you.” ~ O, The Oprah Magazine
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- Double Feature: Sweet Surrender Guide to Halloween and No Sugar Halloween Treats
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: Halloween, Primary Point of Entry to the Holiday Season?
- Puzzled? Dark, Dangerous, Spooktacular Bats!
- Eat This: Be Smart – You Don’t Have to Be Einstein Tuna Casserole
- #OneWord Thursday: 13 (a baker’s dozen) Quotes to Ignite Your #Inner-Child
- Our Lady of Weight Loss’s A Baker’s Dozen: Thirteen Ways to Reward Yourself at the End of a Hard Day as you Revel in the Glory of Your Greatness!
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: Turnips, Weight Loss Handicaps and Gym Bunnies?
- Puzzled? She Pulled a Rabbit Out of Her Hat?
- Eat This: Be Happy – Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Nachos
- #OneWord Thursday: 12 Ways to Fuel #Abundance