Slim Down While You Laugh It Up! by Janice Taylor
Did you know that laughter~
* Reduces levels of certain stress hormones.
* Boosts the immune system.
* May lead to hiccupping but will dislodge mucus plugs from the respiratory tract! (Oh, how appealing!)
* Gives you a full body workout (works the diaphragm and abdominal, respiratory, facial and back muscles).
* Ever feel exhausted after the giggles? You just had an aerobic workout. (My kind of exercise!)
* Gets those positive endorphins pumping! Laughter invokes feelings of happiness and joy!
* Promotes creative thoughts.
* Creates bonding with your fellow human. Nothing better than a shared laugh!
Here are a few yuks to start your week and to help you bond with your neighbor!
“My wife will say this to me – “Honey, I want you to tell me if I’m getting fat.” And I say, “All right, and you tell me if I start getting retarded.” ~ Jeff Foxworthy
“It serves me right for keeping all my eggs in one bastard.” ~ Dorothy Parker
“Instead of getting married again, I’m going to find a woman I don’t like and give her a house.” ~ Lewis Grizzard
“My mother buried three husbands – and two of them were just napping. ~ Rita Rudner
“We never talked to each other in my family. We communicated by putting Ann Landers articles on the refrigerator.” ~ Judy Gold
CAUTION: Don’t Tease, If You Please … New York University’s latest research indicates that a well-meant joke is more than likely to be taken the wrong way. To avoid unknowingly hurting someone’s feelings make yourself the butt of your jokes.
What’s your favorite one-liner (or two)? Comment below!
Spread the word … NOT the icing!
Janice Taylor is a Life & Wellness Coach, Certified Hypnotist, author,columnist, seminar leader and 50 pound big-time-loser.
Follow her on Twitter!
Want a free Weight Loss Consult?
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- Puzzled? Suck On a Lemon!
- Quirky Wisdom: Stressed? Irritable? Cranky?
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: #1 KILLER of Grand Plans, Great Schemes and Groovy Dreams!!!
- Puzzled? Who are the Semi-Unconscious Twins?
- Dysfunctional Chef: Warning–One Must Hard Boil Their Eggs Correctly!
- #OneWord Thursday: Say #YES to Love
- KICK in the TUSH TUESDAY: Fly High, Break Free, Be Happy
- Puzzled? How Heavy Is Your Mental Junk?
- Eat This – Totally Satisfying: Caramelized Onion Tart
- #OneWord Thursday: How to Illuminate this #NOW!