Tryin’ to Lose Weight? Want to eat healthfully? Then you’ve got to create the perfect plate! And who better knows what a healthy plate looks like than the American Diabetes Association.
ADA suggests we divide our plate into three sections.
1/2 of your plate:
non-starch veggies, like broccoli, carrots, cucumbers, salad, tomatoes, cauliflower, all the leafy greens!
1/4 of your plate:
starches such as rice, pasta, potatoes, corn, cous cous, peas or any of your whole grains.
1/4 of your plate:
protein such as chicken, fish, meat or tofu.
a glass of milk, a peace of fruit OR a small roll (and they mean small).
For those who rebel against weighing and measuring, here is something you can eye!
… No Excuses.
Make a pretty plate.
(No loop holes allowed … like using a platter!)
What does your plate look like?
Spread the word … NOT the icing!
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach, Author, Columnist and 50-pound big-time-loser.
Interested in one-on-one coaching? Write Janice for a free consult.
Want more information on how YOU CAN wake up THINNER on New Year’s Day? Christmas Diet
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: Spiritual Inertia Served Warm?
- Puzzled? 20 Elephant Facts that Warm the Soul
- #OneWord Thursday: #Poetry is eternal graffiti written in the heart of everyone.
- How to Turn Extreme Happiness Into Misery In Under One Minute
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: The End of Summer Blues — 24 Ways to Refresh, Renew, Revitalize
- Puzzled? Suck On a Lemon!
- Quirky Wisdom: Stressed? Irritable? Cranky?
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: #1 KILLER of Grand Plans, Great Schemes and Groovy Dreams!!!
- Puzzled? Who are the Semi-Unconscious Twins?
- Dysfunctional Chef: Warning–One Must Hard Boil Their Eggs Correctly!